Ok guys, I have exhausted my resources and cannot find an answer to this question. I am looking for a stomp box or effect that will mimic the doubled guitar solo sound. Some examples are the solo from Bad reputation by Thin Lizzy, hotel california solo, etc etc. I know Avenged 7fold uses it in the beast and the harlot song.

I also know that these bands have more than one guitar player so it may just be two guitarists playing the same riff in unision but if anyone has any advice as to finding this sound, please let me know!

BTW, I have tried octive pedals and pitch shifters and they just didnt sound right.
You may be talking about a chorus. Could also be a digital or analog delay set to minimum delay.
its both guitarists playing.....
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
i think theres something like that on the boss gt-8 (or was it gt pro?)

anyways, it was a thing that you could have a split signal, one side going through one kind of amp setting, second signal going through a slight delay and a different amp setting to get a harmonized sound.

something like that?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
that may be the secret. I may have to experiment to find that sound. I wish there was an effect out there so it would be easier.
My stuff:
05 Zakk Wylde Custom LP
99 PRS CE-22 Honeyburst
01 PRS CE-22 Amber
96 Joe Perry LP
80 LP Custom
07 Robert Clay Strat
86 Ibanez USA Custom
39 Martin 000-18
5150 2x12 Combo
Genz Benz Diablo Combo
Zakk Wylde MG 15
hmmm

maybe if you had two amps, get an a/b/y or a splitter, and get one of the amps on a delayed signal?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
the Digitech RP-80 has an effect like that on there. It's called a detuner. It takes the signal, doubles it, and alters very slightly the tuning of one of them. Something like this was used on the solo of Surrounded, by Dream Theater (the first solo).
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by 6DgOfInTb
the Digitech RP-80 has an effect like that on there. It's called a detuner. It takes the signal, doubles it, and alters very slightly the tuning of one of them. Something like this was used on the solo of Surrounded, by Dream Theater (the first solo).

That would be an octaver IIRC. Not what he's looking for I THINK...

I've beefed my signal up for setting my Line 6 Echo Park like this:

Normal Delay
Mix: 2
Mod: 1
Repeat: 1
Delay Speed: Minimal, I'm not sure of the actual time but the light is almost steady.
TS - those parts you're referring to are all harmonised parts, which are two guitars playing different parts that complement each other. You can get close with a pitch shifter but it'll never be spot on as they don't keep the same interval. In short, you aren't going to be able to reproduce the effect with any pedal.

Best thing to do is learn both parts, record one of them and play along.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
TS - those parts you're referring to are all harmonised parts, which are two guitars playing different parts that complement each other. You can get close with a pitch shifter but it'll never be spot on as they don't keep the same interval. In short, you aren't going to be able to reproduce the effect with any pedal.

Best thing to do is learn both parts, record one of them and play along.

Depends though. If it's just intervals in a scale like the minor pentatonic, you can use a whammy pedal to alternate between the 2nd and 3rd up intervals.

If you just want a sound like two guitars playing the same thing, get a delay pedal, set the feedback to 0, and the time as low as possible.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Oct 8, 2007,