OK, so ive been looking for a new amp this year instead of a new guitar cuz my current amp sucks(its an old fender champ doesnt even have overdrive). I play alot of punk rock, alternative, metal stuff. So any suggestions are welcomed here. THANKS!
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
switch to blues and get a Fender Blues Junior
I plays guitars.
^ Says he with a Spider .

A Blues Junior would be good, but the Hot Rod Deluxe has better overdrive for what you're looking for imo. What's your budget?
Quote by blue_strat
^ Says he with a Spider .

A Blues Junior would be good, but the Hot Rod Deluxe has better overdrive for what you're looking for imo. What's your budget?

any where from 0-600 bucks US

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
Try out the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Peavey Classic 30, and a Vox AC30CC1 if you can find one within your budget. You may have to go secondhand.
Quote by blue_strat
but the Hot Rod Deluxe has better overdrive

hot rod overdrive is crap. blues jr's single channel overdrive is 100x better imo.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
but seriously if you are on a tight budget i would try the spider III, its not the best amp, but for what you will need it for it will work. but if u dont like the sound on this amp, i find mine to be too digital (but i play blues and am looking for the vintage sound), just go to a couple local music shops and they wll be glad to help u. if you have a good budget go for a Marshall, they have always been among the best, and have even come down in price a little
AND im also looking for someting kinda big like higher than 30 watts

Quote by Chuck Norris
get a crate palomino V32. they're 30 watts tube, blows away 100w solid state amps.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
playing in a band? gigging? or just practice?

edit: ^ +1 the soundclips sound great
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
playing in a band? gigging? or just practice?

edit: ^ +1 the soundclips sound great

band and gigs(possibly)

Quote by Chuck Norris
Maybe a ValveKing, that's what I bought (got it coming in the post). I heard some people say that sometimes they're unreliable, but I really can't offer an opinion until I receive mine.

Used Peavey 5150s are a good buy, though they might be a tad more than your budget, but look on Ebay.
think the crate palomino would be awesome for you then the v32
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Hey, what kind of Champ are we talking about?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
Hey, what kind of Champ are we talking about?

fender champ 15b its like 15 watts

Quote by Chuck Norris
ive really been looking at the crate flexwave half stack(clicky if u want to see). So, is this a good amp for like punk, metal, blues, basically is it versitale?

Quote by Chuck Norris
get that if you want to be cool and have a half-stack, but not have good tone.

are you willing to go used? for your pricerange you should be able to find a used peavey 5150 or a used marshall dsl401. otherwise/also look at the peavey classic 30 and the b-52 at-112. i haven't played the palomino yet but it's gotten great reviews so try that out, too.
so why don't u want the Crate Palomino V32?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by thehardwayout
ive really been looking at the crate flexwave half stack(clicky if u want to see). So, is this a good amp for like punk, metal, blues, basically is it versitale?

You should really check out the Palomino. 30 tube watts cranked can basically blast the skin off of your face .

That Flexwave amp sucks.

I'm gonna suggest a Peavey Classic 30, also.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
You should really check out the Palomino. 30 tube watts cranked can basically blast the skin off of your face .

That Flexwave amp sucks.

I'm gonna suggest a Peavey Classic 30, also.

like couldnt later on, i could just swap the head and get like a really nice marshall?

Quote by Chuck Norris
^so ur gonna go with a really crappy amp until you get a really nice marshall??? i don't think its really an upgrade. just another POS, but a louder POS, which makes people hear louder POS tone.

or, go louder, and better tone.

its ur choice. i won't mind if you regret getting the flexwave or w/e pos.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^so ur gonna go with a really crappy amp until you get a really nice marshall??? i don't think its really an upgrade. just another POS, but a louder POS, which makes people hear louder POS tone.

or, go louder, and better tone.

its ur choice. i won't mind if you regret getting the flexwave or w/e pos.

well just the head, keep the cab, and get a new head

Quote by Chuck Norris
id suggest get a PEAVEY VALVEKING 50 watter all tube.
and then buy a BOSS metal zone pedal or a MXR distortion pedal this set up will cost you around 600
Quote by thehardwayout
well just the head, keep the cab, and get a new head

well do u have a cab right now? if not, how much are you gonna put in the cab? cuz a **** cab with a marshall wouldn't sound better.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by the-kid66
id suggest get a PEAVEY VALVEKING 50 watter all tube.
and then buy a BOSS metal zone pedal or a MXR distortion pedal this set up will cost you around 600

really? ill check that out save me 100 bucks i already got a metal zone.

Quote by Chuck Norris
A used Peavey Classic 30/50 2x12 would blow away the valveking and you wouldn't need any pedals
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
what about the peavy windsor?

Quote by Chuck Norris
It's alright; has no cleans though.

I like the Classic more.

YOU DO NOT NEED A HALF STACK.
Quote by utsapp89
can i repeat myself???

why don't u want the Crate Palomino V32!!!
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
can i repeat myself???

why don't u want the Crate Palomino V32!!!

No, u cant repeat urself, but its just not big enough, unless those 30 watts can really crank, then im not getting it.

Quote by Chuck Norris
^Yeah, seriously.

I haven't tried that V32, so I can't second it, but I have tried the Classic 30 and it's pretty great. So +1 to FacingUsAll
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
ec is trying to help you, ts, you're just being stubborn. if you are so sure of your decision already, stop asking for help and go out and buy your crate flexwave. so far basically every suggestion you've been given has been for a better amp than that. 30 watts tube will sound as loud, if not way louder than 120 watts of solid state garbage (not to mention tube amps sound even more amazing when cranked). don't believe us? go to a store and try one yourself. you most likely won't get it over 4 or 5 before a salesperson tells you to turn down.

but if you want your flexwave, go get it and stop posting here.
^ it actually wont sound louder at all.
one, the loudest tube amps only sound 2.5 louder than "average(variation among those too)" solid states.
two, the crate has more speakers with the possibility of those being more sensitive, especially since peavey speakers are crap

i do agree though, the flexwaves are pretty lame. get something else.
palominos sound incredible, u might need a pedal tho. 30 tube watts is equal 2 about 75 ss watts so you would be fine.