Ok the first question. I'm kinda new so I don't know much about picks. Actually I've been fingerpicking since I got my guitar for a few months because I didn't know which picks to get.

I generally like to play a rock music. Like classical rock, rock & roll, hard rock etc.
I'll play some pop and punk but I like to stick with rock.

My second question is are there any simple songs (lead) that sound harder than they really are that you can direct me to? I've recently been practicing alot on Queen's Another One Bites the Dust. I like Older rock bands like Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, And the Rolling Stones.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?
whole lotta love, rock and roll, black dog all by zep. most stones songs are pretty easy aswell.
It really is about you as a guitar player to what picks you prefer to use. However me personally, i like fairly thick picks but not so much that they dont offer a little bit of give. around the 1-1.5mm mark
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by clement1
whole lotta love, rock and roll, black dog all by zep. most stones songs are pretty easy aswell.

Also Can you give me a little info about picks and pick guards?
I'm not sure if I'm right or not but I think pickguards are just to keep from scratching the guitar and for show.
i use fender heavy picks. thay work.

DREAM ON!!!!
OLiNOLiN

Quote by Napalmdeth

bassists are not people

Quote by figsandbobo
Sometimes I stick my penis in the hole in the center of the CDs.

Quote by Footzyrama
It really is about you as a guitar player to what picks you prefer to use. However me personally, i like fairly thick picks but not so much that they dont offer a little bit of give. around the 1-1.5mm mark

Are the picks for the type of music you're going to play and how they sound or merely how you want your instrument to sound?
thicker picks allow you to play faster but some don't like the tone, thinner picks give a different tone but don't give as much control because they bend when you use them.

and pick guards are just to prevent you from scratching the guitars finish whilst picking/strumming
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
i find it easier to tremelo pick with thin picks,i usually play with a .60 mm pick,but ill play with hard picks too. and an easy song is Come As You Are by Nirvana,if you dont like that song,"The Joker" by Steve Miller or "Sweet Home Alabama" by Skynyrd,i think somebody already said "Dream On" ,but all those are easy
Quote by |<guitarhero>|
i find it easier to tremelo pick with thin picks,i usually play with a .60 mm pick,but ill play with hard picks too. and an easy song is Come As You Are by Nirvana,if you dont like that song,"The Joker" by Steve Miller or "Sweet Home Alabama" by Skynyrd,i think somebody already said "Dream On" ,but all those are easy

you find it easier to tremolo pick because it bends and gives less resistance, but try to play fast and controlled with a thin pick and you'll see why they're not usually used for high speed playing.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Really what picks you use come down to whatever you find the most comfortable. There are lots of guitarists who use thinner picks for lead work for example, even though for most people this wouild be no good. For reference, about 3/4 of a mm is considered by most people to be an all-round okay size, with about 1mm being used for lead usually. But again, it depends solely on you really.

Personally I use yellow 0.73mm Dunlop Tortex picks for everything (lead, rhythm, strumming and bass guitar), but then, I'm weird.

As for easy songs that sound harder than they are, look into basically any earlier Aerosmith song (except maybe Home Tonight). Most have fairly simple lead parts.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
you find it easier to tremolo pick because it bends and gives less resistance, but try to play fast and controlled with a thin pick and you'll see why they're not usually used for high speed playing.

yeah i know that if youre gonna play a highspeed run you need to use a thicker pick,im just saying that if youre tremelo picking one note its easier with a thin pick,but my friend has something thats like a .30 mm or something like that and i cant stand playing with it because its so then that its near impossible to pluck a note
try a few out. i use dunlop 70 mms that are perfect for speed and riffs, but dont break easily
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by bokuho
Really what picks you use come down to whatever you find the most comfortable. There are lots of guitarists who use thinner picks for lead work for example, even though for most people this wouild be no good. For reference, about 3/4 of a mm is considered by most people to be an all-round okay size, with about 1mm being used for lead usually. But again, it depends solely on you really.

Personally I use yellow 0.73mm Dunlop Tortex picks for everything (lead, rhythm, strumming and bass guitar), but then, I'm weird.

As for easy songs that sound harder than they are, look into basically any earlier Aerosmith song (except maybe Home Tonight). Most have fairly simple lead parts.

I actually had a couyple of those Dunlop Tortex picks a while back but I lost all of them..... They are categorized by color right? I think purple was thickest and um... green or orange were thinnest?
i use fender heavy picks. they work.

DREAM ON!!!!
OLiNOLiN

Quote by Napalmdeth

bassists are not people

Quote by figsandbobo
Sometimes I stick my penis in the hole in the center of the CDs.