Howdy i just bought this yamaha from my friend for 15 bucks because i wanted to have a piece of crap guitar so i could scallop the frets and try that out turns out it doesn't work just makes a really annoying buzzing noise when its plugged in. Any suggestions? like on how to fix it?

Oh right i don't know what kind it is but on the head it says something in cursive that begins in "d" and ends in "ica"
Rewire it.

Pacifica?

In that case, just take off the scratch plate and check the wires etc inside.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

umm, i was gonna do the same thing.
but i got bored.
so i just smashed the guitar on the street.
umm, on how to fix it, i reccomend asking your local guitar shop employee.
or open un-screw the back of the guitar and check the wiring.
Quote by The_Crumpet
Howdy i just bought this yamaha from my friend for 15 bucks because i wanted to have a piece of crap guitar so i could scallop the frets and try that out turns out it doesn't work just makes a really annoying buzzing noise when its plugged in. Any suggestions? like on how to fix it?

Oh right i don't know what kind it is but on the head it says something in cursive that begins in "d" and ends in "ica"

Pacifica dude
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by The_Crumpet

Rewire it, if you like it, throw in new hardware and electronics.

Also, just because it's a cheap guitar, you shouldn't hurry the scallop job. Doing it right takes time and concentration and to mess up one neck, just because you can, is a waste.

By the way 'ica' is the end of 'pacifica'.

Quote by raddxprep
umm, i was gonna do the same thing.
but i got bored.
so i just smashed the guitar on the street.
umm, on how to fix it, i reccomend asking your local guitar shop employee.
or open un-screw the back of the guitar and check the wiring.

Why the hell would you do that?

Also, just opening it and checking the wiring usually doesn't do any good, unless you see a lose wire or you know the schematics by head.

The best thing to do is to first of all check the shielding and then to properly rewire it, according to a good wiring diagram.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 8, 2007,