well ,me just buying a bc rich, i suggest to look for something different than a bc rich im not very proud of mine
weel I think that a good proof that you should maybe check another one is that even mick thompson from slipknot does not plya them anymore??? and I also own one and the stock pickups suck
What Rich did you get. If it's a bronze, of course it's going to be bad. But their 80's high quality ones are some of the best guitars for metal.
that looks wank
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Its a BC rich. So thats a definate no. Im sorry, I can't tell a lie. Its garbage.
My Rig:
Fender American Strat w/ texas specials
Martin DX1
Blueridge Br73
1968 Domino Californian
Stagg bass
2006 Fender hot rod deluxe
Gretsch Electromatic compact amp
among others
Quote by metal Lover

The trem is a LFR, so watch out there. I've never heard of chesswood, but could it be a fancy name for nato (or maybe basswood)?

Other than that I don't know anything about this guitar, so I won't comment on the quality.

Though I must say that the (uncleaned) black finish makes it look cheap and boring, but a simple cleanup should help.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Colgate Total
At that price, how can the Floyd be any good?

Well, my jackson I have has a 15 year old floyd. It holds tuning amazingly and I bought it for 350.

http://cgi.ebay.com/B-C-Rich-Ironbird-Guitar-BC-NJ-Series-warlock_W0QQitemZ230178911437QQihZ013QQcategoryZ33035QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This guitar is probably of much better quality.

EDIT: My jackson has a LFR too.
Quote by metal Lover
Well, my jackson I have has a 15 year old floyd. It holds tuning amazingly and I bought it for 350.

http://cgi.ebay.com/B-C-Rich-Ironbird-Guitar-BC-NJ-Series-warlock_W0QQitemZ230178911437QQihZ013QQcategoryZ33035QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This guitar is probably of much better quality.

EDIT: My jackson has a LFR too.

It depends per company, but (at least some) LFRs on older high quality Jacksons were made by Schaller, which is a very reputable company.
Quote by metal Lover
What Rich did you get. If it's a bronze, of course it's going to be bad. But their 80's high quality ones are some of the best guitars for metal.

i got a special edition bc rich bich wit a carved archtop stock pickups suck and im not even sure if new pickups could make it sound much better or even better than my rg120

yeah and mick doesnt even use em any more but im sure kerry's arent like the normal bc rich cuz their custom
Quote by Bonsaischaap
It depends per company, but (at least some) LFRs on older high quality Jacksons were made by Schaller, which is a very reputable company.

true. Mine is a Schaller.
Quote by metal Lover
true. Mine is a Schaller.

There you go.

I'm not saying the trem on the BC Rich is bad, I'm just saying it could be.

Quote by metal Lover
http://www.edroman.com/guitars/bcrich/ironbird.htm

These guitars are very high quality, but Ed Roman just isn't very respectable.

I guess I'll just wait for an 80's Ironbird to show up on eBay.

Don't believe anything that Ed Roman says, does, implies, hints at or thinks about.
Quote by psycadelicart
Its a BC rich. So thats a definate no. Im sorry, I can't tell a lie. Its garbage.

im not trying to be an asshole either but i just dont like bc rich anymore and have no respect for em

try esp's
Quote by Colgate Total
If you don't mind me asking, what's bad about Ed Roman? I've never heard of him.

He's been in and out of lawsuits and his guitars are infamous for being poorly constructed.
Quote by metal Lover
He's been in and out of lawsuits and his guitars are infamous for being poorly constructed.

He's also a lying dirt bag known for building fakes. *ahem* That Bc Rich isn't bad, and Iron Birds aren't that common, but you can do better for the price. BTW, the only Jackson trems that were Schaller were the JT590s.
Quote by CJRocker
He's also a lying dirt bag known for building fakes. *ahem* That Bc Rich isn't bad, and Iron Birds aren't that common, but you can do better for the price. BTW, the only Jackson trems that were Schaller were the JT590s.

like his Jackson Rhoads. They have a noticably different V measurement.
Quote by Colgate Total
If you don't mind me asking, what's bad about Ed Roman? I've never heard of him.

He's about as professional as a 14 year old boy.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.