I know theres a thread encompassing all lot, but its a bit vague. I want to get into drum and bass, so far ive heard days go bye, by high contrast, and hold your colours, blood sugar, by pendulum, what are some other really, really fantastic drum n bass songs that you recomend?
SLAM! by pendulum, that song kicks @ss
Quote by Survivalism
Your parents go ass-to-mouth and then kiss you.

The truth can be a horrific thing some times
Limewax, Breakage, Dylan, Tech Itch, Kryptic Minds & Leon Switch, Dom and Roland, Black sun Empire, Photek, Ed Rush and Optical, Dillinja, Renegade Hardware, Ben Sage....
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Quote by angelrange
SLAM! by pendulum, that song kicks @ss

Dude, get out. That is the stupidest dnb song outside of clownstep ever created. Seriously. That song sounds nothing like the rest of D&B, and that's not a good thing.

We also have a D&B thread.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Dude, get out. That is the stupidest dnb song outside of clownstep ever created. Seriously. That song sounds nothing like the rest of D&B, and that's not a good thing.

We also have a D&B thread.

lol. agreed.

Jumpup has become a parody of itself.

the wobbliest bass around + Amen beat + synths made exclusively of cheese = jumpup.
Quote by FunkasPuck
lol. agreed.

Jumpup has become a parody of itself.

the wobbliest bass around + Amen beat + synths made exclusively of cheese = jumpup.

Original jump up was great.. I have a couple jump up mixes that I love to rock out at school, but yeah this new clownstep is just BAD.

LFO'ing the pitch on a bass = headache

LFO'ing cutoff = sex
Quote by YourMessiah666
anything by Black Sun Empire (BSE), Photek, and Mu-Ziq. Those are my favorite.

Mu-Ziq? Would he be considered DnB? I never really put him in that category.

EDIT: After looking on the All Music Guide, it appears that he does have some DnB stuff. Could anyone give me some examples of his DnB work?
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
always the way tho innit.
first set i ever heard was kenny ken and stevie hyper d, '96. i think it was a telepathy tapepack(when stratford rex was still "all new" lol, ).
i can remember thinking how it was unlike anything i've ever heard before. just the proper mad ****. different to the jungle from a few years before, just more energetic, and Hyper was doing the job of a real MC, keeping the crowd up and spreading peace love and unity.

i listen to the state of the jumpup now and its just crap. if id have heard this **** first, i would probably have totally bought into the stigma associated with it.
i hate the term, but its proper, proper chavvy.
new MC's are all trying there hardest to be skibba and shabba, and the beats are just standard. like, formulaic.

and the jumpup raves are **** too. full of beefheads walking round all coked up and screwfacing EVERYONE. not even there for the music, just there to start **** and stab people. pisses me right off.
i've had enough of jumpup. gimme darkstep any day
Black Sun Empire, Pendulum, Concord Dawn

i like breakcore to like : Bong-Ra, s h i t mat (doh i can't write it as i should be); that kind of stuff
Last edited by kurtrip at Oct 10, 2007,
Quote by FunkasPuck

and the jumpup raves are **** too. full of beefheads walking round all coked up and screwfacing EVERYONE. not even there for the music, just there to start **** and stab people. pisses me right off.
i've had enough of jumpup. gimme darkstep any day
Well standardly, obviously dubstep parties are the best.

And neurojunk
dubsteps alright. its a bit too garagey for me though. i crave the mad breaks.

i dunno what to think about neurofunk.
ed rush and optical are alright, and theres some good tunes about but basslines just should not wobble that much.
Quote by FunkasPuck
dubsteps alright. its a bit too garagey for me though. i crave the mad breaks.

i dunno what to think about neurofunk.
ed rush and optical are alright, and theres some good tunes about but basslines just should not wobble that much.

...Noisia?

Mayhem?
Evol Intent?
Phace?

Come on, big ups on that neurofunk

And a dubstep night is one that you will remember- and feel in your chest- for a long time. As minimal as it may sound to a home listener, there is nothing like a pure wobbling sine wave being thrust into your body at 70 beats per minute
truedat, you cant get the same experience at home as you can on a valve system, but for the REALLY memorable raves its darkstep and the techy **** all the way.
when its all wobble i just tend to switch off and just hear the "womp, womp, womp, womp" and not the melodies or the subtleties in a tune. gets a bit repetetive after 6 hours.
but when something like more like you gets dropped its nothing but atmosphere and mood.
First time i heard the final chapter remix of acid rain drop, i thought i was gonna have a heart attack. the breaks were the absolutely messy (Grainshifting = ftw) and the bass was unlike anything i have ever experienced. it was the one of the most heartfelt and unanimous"BOOOOOOOO!!!"s i've ever heard from any crowd.

but yeah, good call on Evol Intent.
Quote by FunkasPuck
truedat, you cant get the same experience at home as you can on a valve system, but for the REALLY memorable raves its darkstep and the techy **** all the way.

Valve? You mean PA. A valve system would overdrive.
nah man, sorry i meant THE valve system. dillinja made it. its like a tourin soundsytem tailor made for drum and bass. its about 50 subs and its got like 100kw output. dunno if its been to america tho. it used to be in fabric. its ****ing epic
Quote by FunkasPuck
nah man, sorry i meant THE valve system. dillinja made it. its like a tourin soundsytem tailor made for drum and bass. its about 50 subs and its got like 100kw output. dunno if its been to america tho. it used to be in fabric. its ****ing epic

Ahhh, alright, I've not heard of it. Then again, my raving is sparse; I'm only 16.

I'm not big on Dillinja for whatever reason. Its either tech, intelligent, liquid, or dubstep pour moi.

Anyone like Dom & Roland? I think he's ace.
Good guy, too, always a helpful member on the DOA forums.
DJ Hype is a good jungle and DnB artist
Delacroix makes some really good Ambient chill out DnB

If you want to hear what Drum and Bass I make then go on my Profile
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
Last edited by Whats the story at Oct 12, 2007,
Quote by MastaBassist10
Ahhh, alright, I've not heard of it. Then again, my raving is sparse; I'm only 16.

GTFO. You're way older than 16.
just looked at your profile pics, you look about twenty. well imo anyway.
It's all about the darkstep/techstep/neurofunk!

"Ladies and gentlemen... boys and girls.... DYING TIME'S HERE!"

*massive reece*

Still can't find that tune anywhere

Btw, everybody d/l that Noisia Vision promo mix, it's massive. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O1PYLGHX
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Anyone ever heard of KJ Sawka?

my friend showed me some of his stuff last night.
he makes live drum and bass. just him, a kit and a series of samplers.

Youtube him. the man is a ****ing legend
Last edited by FunkasPuck at Nov 1, 2007,