I know, I won't shut up etc., but oh well. I ordered a 6-string bass the other day and I'm considering swapping the pickups when I get it (since I'm expecting to be dealing with a pretty bad low-end bass), and I can't seem to find jazz-style pickups for a 6-string. I noticed that a bass such as this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bass-Guitar-6-String-Active-Pickup-Douglas-WEB-846-OWL_W0QQitemZ220157022868QQihZ012QQcategoryZ4713QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

...seem to have them. However, I don't know where I can find pickups without a bass attached. Any thoughts?
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
I can't recommend a set of pickups, as I'm not really a 6-er player, but I'm not sure if you'll need them. With the active circuitry, unless you have an amazing bass rig, you might not feel the need for the new pickups. Wait and see how they sound and then start shopping.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
I can't recommend a set of pickups, as I'm not really a 6-er player, but I'm not sure if you'll need them. With the active circuitry, unless you have an amazing bass rig, you might not feel the need for the new pickups. Wait and see how they sound and then start shopping.

However, the bass I actually bought has passive pickups. I figured I'd either not swap them or learn something new by swapping them for active pickups. I'd prefer passive ones, but beggars can't be choosers.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
Quote by Hergiswi
However, the bass I actually bought has passive pickups. I figured I'd either not swap them or learn something new by swapping them for active pickups. I'd prefer passive ones, but beggars can't be choosers.

Well, the problem is with cheap Chinese passives, they can have ridiculously low output. With active, they kinda have to have a certain amount of ass simply due to the 9V battery. Anyway, yeah, still see how they sound. You might luck out.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..