My buddy has been playing for fifteen years and ever since I showed him this he never plays with out it. It won't hurt your neck, its better then finger ease, and fast fret by far. It last 20 playing hours each time you use it. and will make your guitar insanely fast. No reason to go a sand your neck and kill your guitars value. Its called Black Magic its for car interiors.

Last edited by Carvinlover at Oct 8, 2007,
hah im not surprised it proly works

ive licked my thumb b4 lol

but how does it work wit unfinished necks or other types of necks is it the same for all?
we've been using it for year or so on a SE mahogany nect and a strat maple neck and they're fine if anything it keeps them from drying up.
silicone? i wouldnt use it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by ricthesic
hah im not surprised it proly works

ive licked my thumb b4 lol

but how does it work wit unfinished necks or other types of necks is it the same for all?

I don't know about unfinished that would be risky.
Quote by Carvinlover
I don't know about unfinished that would be risky.

natural finish?? im guessing yes

painted finish?
Quote by jj1565
silicone? i wouldnt use it.

It don't say if it has silicone. It has petroleum in it though.
Quote by ricthesic
natural finish?? im guessing yes

painted finish?

Don't have no spots on the fender anywhere prs neck is gloss and looks fine.
^i just looked it up. it has silicone based ingredients.

finger ease does NOT claim to be silicone free like fast fret or dr duck's wax.

i would 100% make sure i wasnt adding silicone to my guitars.

and all these oils need to be used in moderation.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

wipes off easy with damp paper towel with alittle dish soap. If you dont like it. It leaves no sticky residue. Just slippery
Last edited by Carvinlover at Oct 8, 2007,
Quote by jj1565
^i just looked it up. it has silicone based ingredients.

finger ease does NOT claim to be silicone free like fast fret or dr duck's wax.

i would 100% make sure i wasnt adding silicone to my guitars.

and all these oils need to be used in moderation.

What doe's silicone do to them?
I MIGHT test this out on my crappy test guitar.
I think my dad might have some in the garage...
do I put it on my hand, the back of the neck, the fretboard? Help me out here.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
In my opinion if you need to cheat then you suck. All the best guitarists have got where they are through hard graft with no cheating; practice makes perfect not some cheap household product.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Pinky19
do I put it on my hand, the back of the neck, the fretboard? Help me out here.

see thread starter you dont even know about the damage this car product can do to guitars, and instead of asking about it here first, you tell kids that it's the next jesus.

so now here they are lining up to put silicone on their guitars, instead one of the many guitar products out on the market.

^pinky put it on ur face, because you dont read threads you skim them.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

It hasn't harmed any of my guitars or my buddys I did say it would be risky on no finished but on gloss its fine. and pinky i put it on a paper towel rub it on then rub off the exsess with a new paper towel.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
In my opinion if you need to cheat then you suck. All the best guitarists have got where they are through hard graft with no cheating; practice makes perfect not some cheap household product.

I did'nt say it gives you talent. Just helps you avoid getting hung up on the neck.
Quote by Carvinlover
It hasn't harmed any of my guitars or my buddys I did say it would be risky on no finished but on gloss its fine. and pinky i put it on a paper towel rub it on then rub off the exsess with a new paper towel.

i'm sure your years of experience are on the line here. i'm telling you it's listed as containing "Silicone resin".

silicone is not meant to be put on guitar finish.

google silicone contamination, silicone and guitar polish, ect...

http://www.premierguitar.com/archive/monthly/guitar_er/07_03.htm

here is a line from halfway down the page...
DO NOT USE any product with oil in it which can work its way under the finish. Also the same with Silicone which is in some cleaners, Avoid it (products like Armor All) they are silicone based and work great for the cases but not the finishes of guitars.

ask your friend, he's been playing a while, he'll know.
if you want to use it then use it. dont recommend something unless you're willing to shell out the cash if it spots up or damages someone elses guitars.
especially when there are products out there on the market that are effective and safe to use.

ok good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

This is just all around bad advice. If you value your guitars and want to be able to still see the finish in a decade or so, then don't put this crap on your guitar. Case in point, I used to use this stuff on the interior of my car. You should see some of the fingerprints I have on my paint from this stuff...it doesn't come off. You can move it around, and you might be able to wipe or clean some of it off, but you'll never get all of it off.

Quoted from another forum...

Never allow any product containing silicone (including FingerEase string lubricant ) anywhere near your guitar. Silicone soaks into your strings and fretboard, then rubs off on the fur of your guitar case, from where it migrates to every other opening and crevice in your guitar. Absolutely nothing sticks to silicone (including glue and finish) and it is nearly impossible to remove completely. If your guitar should ever need fret repair or refinishing, your guitar tech will shoot you - especially if you don’t tell him about the silicone infestation beforehand.

Also take a look at StewMac

EDIT - When all else fails, listen to Jenny. I've been working on guitars for the majority of my life and I'm sure she has the same experience. When established folks in a given guitar community are telling you it's bad, then you should probably listen up and not defend your weak position.
Last edited by TwoString at Oct 8, 2007,
and sugar pills will cure cancer

its psychosomatic. >.>
R.I.P. S.R.V. dimebag ain't got nothin' on you.
R.I.P. Hendrix... nevermind, god can't die
sorry, but i feel i should report this thread.

*Reported
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I'll say use at your own risk, But it has not harmed mine or my buddys. I've painted cars for over 7 years now, and true you don't want to put silicone on something your gonna paint. But any decent clear coat will not be ruined if you get silicone on it. And the guitar would have allot less damage if it did any at all.Sanding is more of a hassle. Black Magic is just a idea to avoid it. Ill be putting it on the back of my carvin neck when I get it. And keep using it on my prs and strat. I understand the concern But the playabilty seems to out way the risk in my opinion. Fast Fret, and Finger Ease just don't help near as well.
its cos TS replaces the stuff in the bottle with water but he didnt tell us that.
i have a 'white guitar'