Feeling like learning some new tunes. Anyone want to recommend me some good death/progressive/metal/thrash...whatever, songs with interesting bass lines? Thanks alot. I already know alot of atheist,necrophagist,death.
Tool has some simple and interesting bass lines. go play some tool.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
Skinless.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Sly Taco
Pantera, Rex Brown rules.

Oh yes. But to be honest he's not doing anything that special with Pantera. I mean he fills up the sound nicely and has like... the best metal tone ever, but still pretty mediocre playing. Rebel Meets Rebel and Down is where it's at! (although Down's latest album is the biggest disappointment of 2007 for me )
Disagree, on the old pantera albums he was so tight with Vinnie. Yea, I heard that new Down album isnt the best. Thats too bad, I was pulling for those dudes.
I would have to agree wit the rest of you guys Rex is the best! even Cowboys From Hell is a good one.
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
lamb of god
the black dahlia murder
shadow fall
trivium
children of bodom
arch enemy
pantera
metallica
dimmu borgir
job for a cowboy
as blood runs black
norma jean
The Art of Shredding - Pantera.

Don't be discouraged by the intro
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Have a look at a lot of Pantera, This Love is a particularly good song. Rex Brown has some interesting lines and sometimes they're walking basslines under Dimebag.
signature
Some opeth songs have some good bass lines
. . .

WOW SH*T

My Axe: WarwickThumb
Quote by sictree
Some opeth songs have some good bass lines

To Bid You Farewell is excellent