On a 24 fret guitar, is been able to play up to the 24th fret cleanly something that should be easy?

It took me ages to actually be able to play there. Does this make me a total noob?
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
Quote by Trey Spruance
On a 24 fret guitar, is been able to play up to the 24th fret cleanly something that should be easy?

It took me ages to actually be able to play there. Does this make me a total noob?

depending on the guitar, upper fret access might make playing there cleanly an issue.

also if the guitar has lower frets it can be harder to get the note to sound out cleanly,

not to mention that the scale length may mean that the fret simply isn't wide enough to accommodate your finger.

there are a few reasons why this wouldnt be easy so don't feel too bad about struggling to play up there
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
there are worse things in life than not being able to play on the twenty-fourth fret. get better at the rest of the guitar. Nobody looks at Steve Vai and says. WOW!! LOOK AT HIM PLAY THAT 24th FRET!!!
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
i have 24 frets...but i cant acually reach my hand into the guitar enough except to reach the 22nd fret
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Ive got 24 frets and can barely reach then. My neck is a bolt-on. It's easier if there neck-thru or set-neck.
depends on the neck joint... some bolt-ons have all-access neck joints (AANJ's), which can help upper fret access. obviously practice won't hurt either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have slight problems reaching the upper frets on my Les Paul, but I can usually get up to 22 on the b and e strings, possibly the G too, although it's much easier to hit the F on the b string. I'm learning Glasgow Kiss at the moment, and while I can only play it at around 170ish instead of 207, going up to the 22nd fret isn't that bad. However, I used to be horrible at hitting the higher frets, even on my SG. Now, it's not as bad... The Les Paul has lower higher fret reach than the SG, but I can get up to the 22nd pretty easily.. What I'm trying to say I guess, is it just takes practice. Mess around with the high e and b for a while, then once you get those higher frets fretted easily, you should be able to go to lower strings, and indirectly, you'll be able to hit the 19/20 frets on lower strings easier if you become comfortable with the highest ones on higher strings...

Sorry, kind of rambling, just practice.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language