I'd have to say a Boss CEB-3 with a Big Muff

with the muffs tone all way up

*and show the order

AMP <<<<<<< CEB-3 <<<<<<<< B MUFF <<<<<<<<<< BASS
*waits for fitz's responce on the big muff*

Anyway, i always thought delay and chorus pedals always gave tapping a cool feel.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

I wonder if its possible (or practical) to modify a Big Muff to accommodate the bass frequencies....that'd be a slap in Fitzy's face
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
I love using high-gain fuzz and high-rate flanger for some freaked out tapping.
Quote by Confused4930
I wonder if its possible (or practical) to modify a Big Muff to accommodate the bass frequencies....that'd be a slap in Fitzy's face
I've thought about doing that a few times to my muff...
I can't help but think threads like these are direct attacks at me (how's that for egotism). TS, do you... like... hear... things? Chorus pedals take a bit of bottom away when you over-swishify them, but the Big Muff (with the tone cranked mind you) AND a chorus!? Why don't you just whistle the bass line you want to play?

And yeah, I thought it was common knowledge that you can mod the Big Muff for lower frequencies. It doesn't help the mud at all, and it'll still cut out your lows when the tone's up, but when the tone's down, it goes farther into what you're supposed to be hearing. I still don't know why people call it fuzz, though - germainium diode square wave pedals like the Wooly Mammoth (check out the demo on their site, demoing the bass pedal on guitar) and the Fender Blender.

But anyway, after all the money you end up spending on the Muff and a mod, why don't you just buy... something... good?

TS, what amp are you using? If it's under a 50W combo, I think I just might emoscratch myself.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by IndianRockStar
I've heard a bit of fuzz is good for tapping. And fitzy who is your new avatar?

Watch Some Kind of Monster, the Metallica documentary. You have to see it for yourself.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..