On the weekend im going up to the local music store to Order new pups for my sg, and i was gonna get a Seymour Duncan Custom 5, but any last minute suggestions incase im making a bad decision would be nice. i play:

AC/DC
Black Sabbath
Led Zeppelin
Pantera
Iron Maiden
Motley Crue
80's Metal
Classic Rock
Early metal

And thats aobut it, thanks
Perfect for the bridge, bad for the neck though...how many were you going to buy?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Perfect for the bridge, bad for the neck though...how many were you going to buy?

Perhaps throwing a '59 in the neck would be a good idea for the TS?
Indeed, or a Pearly Gates...I just wasn't quite sure as the post says "pickupS", but only mentions the Custom 5 by name. It absolutely nails those crunchy, ragged 80's rhythm tones, but it'll get into metal territory if you ramp the gain up and tweak your EQ.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Dimarzio Super Distortion
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Yeah its only for the bridge, i didnt even know they had a neck version. and sorry it took so long to reposond, my internet was being stupid last night
If you have a Gibson SG Standard you have the 490 pickups which are pretty hot already and should easily get the sounds you have described. Nothing wrong with upgrading pickups if that's what you want to do. If its not a Gibson then I suggest Carvin M22 pickups. Amazing power, great cleans and punch, all wiring options, the best sustain out there.
Quote by uldhppi
If you have a Gibson SG Standard you have the 490 pickups which are pretty hot already and should easily get the sounds you have described. Nothing wrong with upgrading pickups if that's what you want to do. If its not a Gibson then I suggest Carvin M22 pickups. Amazing power, great cleans and punch, all wiring options, the best sustain out there.

Its the special, and the Tone is alright (ve played it through nice amps) but not really anything special. but i Will check out those Carvins, they arent to pricey are they?
The Carvin's are very reasonable. I'd recommend the M22V ($44.99) for the neck and the M22SD ($49.99) for the bridge. Sweet for clean and scorching distortion and sustain. All wiring options stock.
Quote by uldhppi
The Carvin's are very reasonable. I'd recommend the M22V ($44.99) for the neck and the M22SD ($49.99) for the bridge. Sweet for clean and scorching distortion and sustain. All wiring options stock.

Can you link me to a sound sample or reviews or something? i can only find it on the Carvin site, thanks