Poll: Is?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is?
It is a great start!
10 59%
No it is crap.
7 41%
Voters: 17.
Ok I just want to get your feedback because I'm new to the guitar world and i just want to know if I'm on the right track.This is not for showing off purposes cause I see people on youtube with nice tone and i'm just wondering if my gear is going to give me some good tone as well.

This is from ebay and i'm not rich so.

Line6 Spider III 15

12 Ernie Ball Mixed Color Celluloid Guitar Picks Thin

DigiTech RP50 Multi Effect Processor

Jackson black king V

GHS DAVE MUSTAINE MEGADETH ELECTRIC GUITAR STRINGS X 3

Metal zone MT2

Cry baby wah wah - The MT2,cry,Ultra I had them way before everything else so they are not really included

Ultra metal pedal

Radians Earplugs Ear Plugs Jelli Snug Plugs

(2) OSP 15' Deluxe 1/4"- 1/4" Guitar Instrument Cables

My style is Metal
And I have been playing for 8 months now and i think i'm pretty friggin good too.

Please don't be a total tool like this guy please.He is getting mad for no reason ?
Quote by Izz
Who the **** cares how much stuff you own if yuo can't play? Learn to play your instrument and then get the pedals etc you need...
Last edited by The_Nightwish at Oct 8, 2007,
Well, i know a lot of people are going to give you crap about having a Line 6 spider
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Pedals do not make you good.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Who the **** cares how much stuff you own if yuo can't play? Learn to play your instrument and then get the pedals etc you need...
pretty good start
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Pedals do not make you good.

Did I say it was....Some people need to learn how to read.
GHS Dave Mustaines? those things are freakin heavy. isn't the low E 52 or something?
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Quote by Izz

Dude you need to chill out like for real you getting mad for what?
well tehres 3 possibilities, you're rich
you're parents are rich, somebody gave you allt he stuff they didn't want anymore
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Did you find a duffel bag full of money on the street and decide to buy this and start playing guitar or what?

Depends on what you play for most of it and what you like.
I'm Tyler
i guess you have some decent stuff, but, no offense, i think you just made this post to show off or something. anyways, if you have it all and you put it to good use then rock on. just stick with it.
PWning N00bs Today!
Quote by NinjaTrainer
i guess you have some decent stuff, but, no offense, i think you just made this post to show off or something. anyways, if you have it all and you put it to good use then rock on. just stick with it.

Sory you feel that way.
And just a rule of thumb here... never mix Ernie Ball picks and Radian earplugs. It will make your tone sound awful.
I'm Tyler
Quote by The_Nightwish
Sory you feel that way.

dude, im not trying to put you down or anything. i wish i had all that stuff, and thats cool that you do, just promise me you'll rock, ok?
PWning N00bs Today!
No one can tell you whether you're on the right track or not. Either you like your sound or you don't. If you don't, you've got a lot of pedals you don't need.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by NinjaTrainer
dude, im not trying to put you down or anything. i wish i had all that stuff, and thats cool that you do, just promise me you'll rock, ok?

I will for you and thanks
its nothing spectacular at all and to be honest i dont see why you would post this at all...you've invested way to much money on a mediocre rig (btw im pretty sure your probably rich, at least richer than me [and yes i read the bolded edit]).
since you're completely new to the elite uber guitarz...

all you need is a guitar and picks if you want them. if you want an electric, then obviously you'll need an amp and cords. if you have a nice guitar and amp that's just another advantage. you don't need pedals yet if you have a good enough amp that changes from clean to overdrive.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by The_Nightwish
I will for you and thanks

sweet. one other thing, don't use earplugs, just keep the volume turned down, you'll get more out of it.. or.. idk.. just don't use earplugs.
PWning N00bs Today!
May be lay off the two metal pedals and the wah if your going to buy the DigiTech RPF50. If your new and cant play much, the pedals are going to be somewhat useless. Otherwise, sure buy everything else. Just make sure you actually play the guitar.
Quote by NinjaTrainer
sweet. one other thing, don't use earplugs, just keep the volume turned down, you'll get more out of it.. or.. idk.. just don't use earplugs.

I'll keep that in mind
fx are nice to have but if you want good tone, start with a good amp and guitar

spider 3 = crud in my book...same for the metal zone MT2 and original Crybaby wah.

if you can, try a yanmaha magicstiomp or digitech EX7 in place of the multi FX unit you're looking at.

play for a year with a guitar and amp....then you can buy pedals. I've headr so many times that new guitar players quit within a years time if they are ever going to quit and so they have tons of new gear that can't be resold at that same price...so you loose money.
Last edited by moody07747 at Oct 8, 2007,
Quote by The_Nightwish

DigiTech RP50 Multi Effect Processor

Bad idea. They generally do everything really badly.

Quote by The_Nightwish

Radians Earplugs Ear Plugs Jelli Snug Plugs

Excellent idea. I'm 17 and I've f*cking got tinitus from not using plugs. Definitely the way to go.
and i'll be the first one to say...

wrong forum
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by Izz

i agree with this guy. why does he need us to tell him what he sounds like? it doesnt even matter what we think. It matters if you like it dude, and if you dont, then it sucks. And as many have said before, the player is at least 50% of the tone.

this thread is a waste of russian bandwidth.
Quote by Tedward
i agree with this guy. why does he need us to tell him what he sounds like? it doesnt even matter what we think. It matters if you like it dude, and if you dont, then it sucks. And as many have said before, the player is at least 50% of the tone.

this thread is a waste of russian bandwidth.

Sorry i'm not in russia.