So I open up my guitar case and my strat is sitting there, wonderful as always, but its covered in condensation! This has happened like, four times now and its really worrying. Other than installing a dehumidifier in my guitar case, is there anything I can do?
You can get those packs at sports authority, cabellas, Or anywhere they sell guns at.
People put those in their gun cases for that same reason.
Rory Gallagher's strat was stolen and left in a marsh for a week, and it still worked.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by Scarlet_Fever
Thats what I thought, but I would have to buy a lot of new shoes.

i lol'd. seriosuly tho, those silicone pack things are a good idea
Quote by The Master Plan
Rory Gallagher's strat was stolen and left in a marsh for a week, and it still worked.

seriously?
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
Quote by AngelOfHatred
Well, you could install a dehumidifier in your guitar case.

That's stupid.

You should install a humidifier in your guitar case.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
sillica packs come in beef jerky packages too, and your guitar will smell like beef jerky! double win!!!! or you could just go to a shoes store and like, steal 'em all
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
^you dont have to steal them. just ask, they have tons.

and where are you keeping the case?

if it's in the basement, or other wet area i suggest u move to a less humid room.

if your metal is rusting you're in trouble.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by punkrocklove999
it probably has something to do with where you are storing your guitar in your home

It wouldn't matter, our entire house is really damp. New Zealand state houses have a ridiculously poor standard. Cheers for the help though guys.
keep the case open?
GEAR:
Vantage Ghost Gibson "The Paul" copy
Fender FM-100H half-stack
Regal vintage 30W class A amp head (handcrafted in Montreal)
Quote by Scarlet_Fever
It wouldn't matter, our entire house is really damp. New Zealand state houses have a ridiculously poor standard. Cheers for the help though guys.

in that case I suggest you install a whole house dehumidifier which works with the heating and A/C unit
State housing implies poverty at such a level that the governement provides a rental property to you at a much cheaper rate. We couldn't afford a home ventilation system. And if I left my case open, my cat would spray the guitar. Because he's a bastard cat.
Spray your cat. That'll teach him.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
yeo are you retarded your guitar is getting hot in the case so its obviously sweating, like wouldnt you sweat in a tiny case?
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
" I did actually have the Stratocaster stolen in Dublin in the sixties, and I got it back after two weeks - it was thrown over a ditch, with a few extra scratches from the brambles and things so when I got it back - it had been out in the rain as well - so I mean, I swore I'd never sell it or paint it after that"...Rory Gallagher http://www.kieran.keegan.btinternet.co.uk/Rory/rory_gallagher_biography.htm
You live in New Zealand right, Ill pay you if you can get me the Flight of the Conchords Autographs
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by The Master Plan

greg martin's '53 strat was stolen and dumped in a creek for awhile, but the person who stole it went back and got it after he found out there was a reward for it
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
keep your cat in your guitar case, and let your guitar roam free.
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
I think leftybass dude is right.

I lol'd at flight of the conchords. They rock. Hiphopopotomaus vs Rhymenocerus is the best.
if the house is damp. then yes in the case for the guitar, locked up tight with silica packets. the ones that say "do not eat"

and wipe down the guitar with a dry cloth after use.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
step 1: light cat on fire
step 2: put cat near guitar to dry
step 3: put cat out with your spray
step 4: move to USA
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by Scarlet_Fever
I think leftybass dude is right.

I lol'd at flight of the conchords. They rock. Hiphopopotomaus vs Rhymenocerus is the best.

they call me the hiphopopotamus my lyrics are bottomless

Quote by The Master Plan

You live in New Zealand right, Ill pay you if you can get me the Flight of the Conchords Autographs

I was watching that last night. Man its hilarious.(the episodes of course).

Where in New Zealand do they live becuase I'd sell you their autograph if I could go get it.

Thread Starter, where in NZ you live because up the north island here I never get problems with condensation. You must be down in the south.
hahahaha you can get guitar hangers to hang on a stud on your wall there like 20 bucks and i have a couple and put them high soo the cat cant spray and is there rust? if you think there is go to a tech if your scared to take it apart or just take it apart and clean it if theres rust