So i am currently using D'Addario strings. I play lots of heavy metal with insane pinch harmonics. THEY BREAK!!!! the 6 string always snaps loose and un windes... it angres me... what would you guys suggest using. most preferribly from a metal guitartist...
A thicker gauge. I think GHS Boomers might be good. But do try thicker strings. I think Pinch Harmonics would be easier on a thicker gauge as well.
I use DR, but it really doesn't matter...

The important thing, as said, is you probably need thicker strings, even more so if you tune down.

.09's in like D or C is a nono.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by themagician
So i am currently using D'Addario strings. I play lots of heavy metal with insane pinch harmonics. THEY BREAK!!!! the 6 string always snaps loose and un windes... it angres me... what would you guys suggest using. most preferribly from a metal guitartist...

I lol'ed.

DR strings are popular, but I love the tone I get with Ernie Ball slinky's.
Quote by CowboyUp
I lol'ed.

DR strings are popular, but I love the tone I get with Ernie Ball slinky's.

How do they stand up? I've heard that the slinky's like to rust up really fast...
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by CodySG
How do they stand up? I've heard that the slinky's like to rust up really fast...

I usually leave mine on for a month or so, and they don't rust up on me unless I leave my guitar in the porch on a rainy night or something. I like em a lot. Soft touch, good tone, durable.
Yep.. Ernie Ball String are the best.. for metal, my suggestion is the Power Slinky strings from Ernie Ball.
excellent! thanks a bunch guys.. i think ill grab some of each =) ill definitly try boomers. I have hard ernie ball strings before.. never had a problem with them but didnt play metal back then so.. =) but thanks a bunch guys
Ernie Ball 2626 Nickel Not Even Slinky will never break and you can drop them 2 and a half to 3 steps without any distortion
It may be a problem with your saddles. Try replacing the one for the 6th string and see if things change if changing string brand doesnt help.
if it breaks and unwinds that often it could be a problem with the slot in the nut or the tuning you are using for the gauge string.
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Standard Telecaster Ash MIM
Fender Vibro Champ XD
which gauge do ya use... 9's will break, 10's will hold, 11's are heavy, but amazing

I use the GHS Boomers... great strings
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
i say DR Pure Blues 12's.
i'm using them right now and the sound absolutely AMAZING for drop tunings.