Okay so for christmas, i'm going to be making a guitar, with my parents paying for the expenses. I hope this at least. So i was wondering.

What aree some good insturctions to do so?
Could you give me a link or something?

Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
i think its www.warmoth.com or something (correct me if I'm wrong)
good guitar parts & measurements on there
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Quote by im_atheist
i think its www.warmoth.com or something (correct me if I'm wrong)
good guitar parts & measurements on there

Whoa, I don't even remember saying that (in your signature.)

But why make a guitar when you could just buy one? I know it might be a hobby type thing, but instead of spending a real lot of money on buying everything and making it yourself, it might not come out so good...

But in other news. Good Luck.
so you're parents are gonna be spending like 2000 on a guitar for you? or are YOU making it
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
You might want to buy a kit like the Saga kit or (if you can get them to spend some extra) the Carvin Bolt kit.

Makes things a lot easier and you get a gist for what you have to do .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I wouldnt go with the kits. It's so much more rewarding to create on yourself, from scratch. However, I would buy a premade neck at least. It helps you along a little bit, save making you own neck for next time around.
Warmoth makes some pretty good stuff. You can get the wood you want to use etc. They offer painted bodies, as it does take some equipment and some experience to do a good paint job on a guitar. And the fret would need to be dressed once it was all together. But they arent really hard to assemble. You dont need more than basic hand tools to assemble one. And will need to know a little about wiring to do the controls. But for less than a grand you can have a really nice guitar. It would be what you want and wouldnt need to mod it like most do with a guitar they buy at a music store. And when people ask where they can buy one you can tell them its a one of a kind. Ive done quite a few guitars form warmoth. But I do the painting and fret work myself.
The thing is... they don't weant to spend 800 bucks... well 818.53 on an Ibanez (i know, it sucks.)... so i offered to make one, and have them buy it. Which would probably end up being over 1000. They're dumb
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Im also making a guitar from scratch. Only mine is for my senior project at school. I'd recommend just going to amazon.com theyve got some great books on how to build an electric guitar. I just purchased one not to long ago. And its pretty much step by step instructions on building one. You should check it out. Good luck on the guitar. I know its gonna be a challenge, and for me as well.
Thank you man.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300