Well I'm quite sure my next guitar will be a Fender. They are cheap, and from EVERY one I have played... they are worth every buck. I'm not asking what one I should get, I just want a good idea of what has the best value & tone for what I want. I will try the ones that people like the most. I want versatility. From Classic Rock, to Country, to Punk. No metal though. Mostly Classic Rock like AC/DC & Pink Floyd. I'm not looking for Humbuckers in this guitar, so avoid the Fat Strat. Please help me out.

• Standard Strat: Well they were quite nice for the price in the day, but I'm not sure about now.

• Highway One Strato: I've never even touched one of these, but I hear they are good.

• Standard Tele: Once again, great guitars in the past. Although they don't seem quite as versatile as a Strat.

• '65 Mustang Reissue: I never had the chance to play one, but they just seem so nice I wanted to see what you all thought.

• Deluxe Powerhouse Strat: Haven't heard much bad about, so I think they are worth a look.

• Deluxe Roadhouse Strat: I've played one lately, and I liked it although I think I could find better.

So out of these 6, what 2 or 3 should I really research, try, & look at? And please, no "get a used strat". I will be getting these new. I'm free to suggestions as long as they are in the price range & fenders. I'm really set on at least adding one to the collection.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
powerhouse strat or standard strat
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Customize your own Carvin Bolt!

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Um... no thanks to the Carvin. Um, and yeah... no Metal. I'm a Metallica fan, but I'm not into playing their music.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
choice one. you can do a lot more when you get bored of just stock guitar.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^I was thinking the same. Why buy a more expensive version if I just want to upgrade. Hell, if the Standard is good for all the amazing players that have used them, why would it not be for me.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
I like my standard, I do want to replace the pickups, but for the price I cant complain about the sound

The neck is fairly thin, it is a smooth playing neck... the body is nice, looks good feels right, doesnt fall apart.

The tremolo is nice, I put mine flush, so I can still use it to to get a small whammy or dive bombs... but I barely use it anyway.

For the price they are nice, especially if you want to upgrade a guitar.
Well thanks. That helps a lot. The trem is pretty useless to me as well, although maybe I will use it more as I go along. Well I might try one soon enough, for the price you can't go wrong.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
I know you said you're not looking for humbuckers, but you also said you were looking for versatility and "AC/DC" tone.

If you want the most versatility out of a strat and ESPECIALLY if you're looking for that AC/DC tone (Angus played with humbuckers), you're going to want that humbucker in the bridge. Again, I know you said you're not looking for a humbucker, but from the specific types of music you say you're looking to play, you probably will want to have it.

Anyway, I hate to rock the boat, but it couldn't hurt to take a step back and ask yourself why you don't want the humbucker. If the answer is just because it isn't the "real stratocaster," you might want to reassess your reasoning. There's an enlightening post somewhere on this forum about no strat being a "real strat" unless it has a 6-screw tremolo, narrow frets, 3-way pickup selector, etc. Anyway, without getting too long winded, the point of the post was that having a fat strat is hardly less of the "real strat" than 95% of the other strats on the market, including those that have the S-S-S configuration. Buy the fat strat if it is the right fit for you.

EDIT:
Found the thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=682026&highlight=real+strat

I'd recommend checking this out; it might help you make the most informed decision.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Last edited by FourSticks17 at Oct 8, 2007,
A $1000+ guitar is cheap? I wouldn't say so. The Highway one's are cheaper, and the MIM's are the cheapest but I assume you don't want one of those.
^my strats gonna fill 9 of the 11 criterias to be a real strat soon when my new neck comes in.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
fender strats were good in the 60's 70's and SRV, clapton, hendrix etc...did some great stuff on them...but a strat is a strat....technology has moved on and a strat is just a strat...if you wanna play strat stuff "99%" of the time get one...but id go for summit else. i own a 79' strat and the only stuff i play on it is blues..and strat music.
^lol wtf. so if you play 1% metal, then u get an ibanez? ur last statement is not making sense. in fact, strats can handle lots of types of music. if u can't achieve some tone, it's either heavy metal, or you're not using ur guitar right.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Um, actuely I would like the MIM Strat. As for the humbucker, I just have 2 guitars with them. I'm just looking for 3 singles to make a change. I really like the bell-sounding cleans. Seems like many of my favorite artists have gotten away with it too. I will look into the Fat-Strat though. I will research both and then decide. Thanks.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
^if you have a humbucker equipped guitar, why would u need another one? u want the chimey strat tone so you're looking for a strat right?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
any sound you try and copy that originally uses a humbucker, sounds **** with a single coil strat set up.......FACT
^thats why he has a god damn humbucker equipped guitar. not only one, but TWO!!!

and did you know any sound you try and copy that originally uses a single coil, sounds like ****ing **** with a humbucker set up.......GOD DAMN FACT.

don't argue with me.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Pretty much. Well this will be my main axe so I do want it to be good. Maybe a Fat Strat is the way to go. I mostly play stuff like Pink Floyd, AC/DC, The Rolling Stones & Stuff like that.

^From that argument... I like the Fat Strat... best of both worlds.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Last edited by elekguit at Oct 8, 2007,