Hello, can you please crit my riff/song and I shall do in return (please don't rip my song off!). Also, can you tell what scale is being used in it? I was hoping for it to be in A minor pentatonic, would it sound good to solo over this using Am pent.? thanks!

.wav file
Last edited by paulvxD at Oct 9, 2007,
I liked it :thumbsup:

^ I don't know if that's a real smiley or not lol

Edit: I guess its not

Great song though
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Haha, it's pretty short. But do you know what scale I'm using there, or if it would be ok to use the A minor pentatonic scale over it?
Quote by paulvxD
Haha, it's pretty short. But do you know what scale I'm using there, or if it would be ok to use the A minor pentatonic scale over it?

I used a 12th fret minor scale to put out some of the true features of the song....A minor pentatonics would be fine If you wanted a solo lol

What I played what was you wrote down on that there file......I havn't started adding to it yet lol
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
it's pretty cool, the piano/keyboard sounds nice and the guitar that plays over the top has a cool riff. it's got real potential to build up tension and becoem a real thunderous ballad, powerful chorus or whatnot.

i don't know if u have acces to any but soem strings wouldnt sound wrong here.

the guitar tone sounds a little trebly

pretty cool ill be interested to see wot this turns into!

btw i have no idea wot key it is in

crit mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=684328