How would you make it work? I have a Squire Bullet that I want to put a trem on to mess around with. Just explain to me how you would do it, and please explain. I dont really care if I mess up the body, because it's just a side project.
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
You are going to have to do some serious cutting and routing to do this.You need to make a hole all the way thru where your hardtail bridge is but only large enough to set the block part of the trmolo thru and give it some room to move back and forth.Then on the backside starting from the back edge of that hole you will have to rout out a channel for the trem springs to sit.The best advice I can give you is to find someone with a tremolo strat who will let you take the cover off the back and then you can get all the measurements you need.
Good luck....
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Quote by GOLDIE93
You are going to have to do some serious cutting and routing Good luck....

There are some out on the market that do not require cutting of any kind. Do a search on Google and you will be surprised.

Chris
^^^^^^
The fact that it is a squire bullet and it is just a side project make me think he is not going to want to spend $300.00 to get a Bigsby or Stetsbar which are the only 2 that I have ever seen that mount to the top only.Unless you are talking about the ones that came on the old crappy Sears guitars.If you happen to know of some, maybe mention some brand names.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Quote by Will_Minus
You could get one of these. http://store.guitarfetish.com/vistsumowhba.html
You'll also want a bridge like one of these. http://store.guitarfetish.com/gistbr.html The roller version may be best for you.

Yeah but youd have to recess the TOM style but if you have a router it isnt too bad routing a trem cavity as long as you patient. Also since its a squire bullet it may not be too big of a risk to do the routing.