Alrite, so im bored and looking for some new bands to "acquire". My policy is as long as someone in the band is really good at doing thier thing, ill enjoy it, which is why i like Saosin (vocals) Necrophagist (guitar) and primus (bass) and have a large expanse of musical taste. so i would like some good "progressive" bands and stuff to listen to. and dont give me stuff like opeth as in bands that are labeled technical but really arent in any way.
Quote by Thornography
Opeth > you.

of course i forgot to mention i like 'em, but i just dont see where people think of them as progressive or technical. Yeah that just came out wrong.
dream theater?
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by ep1kz
dream theater?

already got all thier albums and listened to em many times. i have a feeling itll be tough for someone to refer me to a band i havent heard of.
I really enjoy Phish. All around they are one amazing band.
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
Quote by guitar_freak333
I really enjoy Phish. All around they are one amazing band.

hmmm.. ive always wanted to listen to them, but never remembered to check them out. i may give them a chance.
Well the band Alcatraz has yngwie malmsteen as the guitarist so good stuff there. Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble. Rush for every instrument lol all are awesome. Bill Joel cause he is awesome at piano. Children of Bodom for guitar playing. The Cranberries cause her voice is amazing. Garbage cause singers voice is awesome. Tantric singer has an awesome set of pipes and guitar work isnt bad either.

Im not sure what else your in to or what bands you already know, but i put worth mentioning. enjoy
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
muse's singer is amazingly good at vocals

as someone said earlier, rush is good
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by Thornography
Cradle of Filth.

I love your salad fingers avatar

and to threadstarter how bout some acoustic.

i think his name is andy mckee. he pwns all
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
^Gibson I can play drifting by andy mckee and just got his new album. he is a god to me.

^Napalm I love arch enemy but i cannot take dragonforce seriously. not to brag or anything but its really not THAT hard to play as fast as them, just takes some conditioning.
Quote by MiasmA
hmmm.. ive always wanted to listen to them, but never remembered to check them out. i may give them a chance.

Dont bother, Phish just wishes they were the grateful dead

but,

how about, Yes?
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
thanks for the good responses seeing as how this is just a carbon copy of many other threads. also does anyone here know if allan holdsworth has a full cd or anything? i cant find anything and someone told me to check him out