I need help with pull offs there are lessons about them but they just say...difference between hammer on and pull offs and pull offs give vibration, but I need like an actual definition of pull off and maybe some songs that can help me practice them or some warm ups, or links that can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you
-Loki
Quote by D3mon_Loki
I need help with pull offs there are lessons about them but they just say...difference between hammer on and pull offs and pull offs give vibration, but I need like an actual definition of pull off and maybe some songs that can help me practice them or some warm ups, or links that can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you
-Loki

A pull off is when you pluck say, the 5th fret on the g string, then you play the third note by just lifting one finger off the 5th fret without plucking the 3rd fret.

And for a good song to practice..... hmmm I'll have to think for a sec.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by MurderWorship
And for a good song to practice..... hmmm I'll have to think for a sec.

Thunderstruck
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
when u do a pull off you make it alot easier if you use a downward motion as u release the string. it will make it louder and easier to do at the same time.
Quote by cerveza
Thunderstruck

thunderstruck ill try it...but i forgot to mention im not that great at the guitar to being with so i need a sorta simple song to learn off of
Orrr, you could practice 3 note per string hexaphonic scales. That's what I use to practice pull offs and hammer ons.

I----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------10-12-13--
I----------------------------------------------------------------------------10-12-13-------------12-13-15
I---------------------------------------------7-9-10------------9-10-12---
I------------------------------------7-9-10----------9-10-12-------------------------------------
I---------5-7-8----------7-8-10----------------------------------------------
I--5-7-8--------7-8-10----------------------------------------------------------------

Up and down, all over the neck, etc.