How much music do you have?

I would reccomend buying a 1 gigabyte flash drive. and then go that way.
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Quote by leftybassdude
How much music do you have?

I would reccomend buying a 1 gigabyte flash drive. and then go that way.

around 800 songs...but i dont wanna have to go get a flash drive just for this? I think ima just import all the music and hafta rename and rename all the bands and all...oh well
You could hook both of them to the internet. and sign them onto different aim accounts, then just send the music from one computer to the other
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
do you remember ur account name and password cause if you have it you should just be able to like sign in and there ya go, i think
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
if u have both computers right there then just connect them with a switch or router or if u have a crossover cable. then u can just transfer them between computers
When my music got to be too much to handle, I got a 160 gig external drive. Definitely recommended for future music hauling.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
^hey hey, don't like hijacking, but how did u send ur music to ur external hard drive??? i want to get one myself, since i have an 80GB hard drive on my comp, with 3000 songs and like 10 movies, which it only allows bout 20GBs left to store... so yea. can i get some insight?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^hey hey, don't like hijacking, but how did u send ur music to ur external hard drive??? i want to get one myself, since i have an 80GB hard drive on my comp, with 3000 songs and like 10 movies, which it only allows bout 20GBs left to store... so yea. can i get some insight?

You just connect it through the...USB, I think it is? and it'll show up under "My Computer," and you can move files to it as you would on the normal drive.
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
sweeeeeeeeeet. i want to start my job like right now... i need $$$. new shoes, ext. hard drive, and lots of guitar stuff... ahhhhhhhh

okay. back to the thread guys. ^and thanks.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
OK correct me if im wrong but i thought you can back them up to blank CDs or DVD disks
i hope im right because i burned three data disks and that was abot 12 GB worth of music that i had been collectign for long while...i don;t wana check now if it works until someone confirms that this is true...:0
Last edited by cheddar1 at Oct 8, 2007,
I just lost half my music library Me and my friend couldn't find some of the files so we just stopped looking. 4,000 songs lost to who knows where I only have about 4,500 songs now on my library. oh well at least my new comp kicks ass. If you have a ipod I suggest putting all your music on that then using some software to take it off and put it on your new computer.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Why do you have iTunes but no iPod?
You can't sync iTunes to any other mp3 player.
(LOL at iPods for needing a 3rd party program to reverse sync.)

I would get a flash drive.
Quote by cheddar1
OK correct me if im wrong but i thought you can back them up to blank CDs or DVD disks
i hope im right because i burned three data disks and that was abot 12 GB worth of music that i had been collectign for long while...i don;t wana check now if it works until someone confirms that this is true...:0

Yes, that's true. I did that, too, in case my external drive ever has a problem (except, it took me something more like 50 data discs...>.<

So now my music has a triad of protection.
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
damn man, i think you need a gun, just a lttle extra ... i can get it ..reel cheep too!

sweet, i thought i had a lot a tunage...:P
Yeah, use a blank DVD, it works. You can fit about 1000 songs on one DVD.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way