There are some bands out there that i just cant get into. i just find them too average. Like it doesn't contribute anything new.

For example, Foo Fighters

Anyone else think of bands that are famous and are just "okay"
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Opeth, dragonforce, malmsteen, led zeppelin, pink floyd, ACDC, Hendrix, Nirvana...

any other bands i missed that will get me gang raped by pit monkeys?

i think all these bands are in no way interesting, but its only my honest opinion.
Quote by MiasmA
Opeth, dragonforce, malmsteen, led zeppelin, pink floyd, ACDC, Hendrix, Nirvana...

i think all these bands are in no way interesting, but its only my honest opinion.

You forgot dream theater
Quote by Doofag
You forgot dream theater

i actually love them, pretty much every person in that band is very talented at what they do and the band as a whole writes very clever and pleasing stuff.
Quote by MiasmA
i actually love them, pretty much every person in that band is very talented at what they do and the band as a whole writes very clever and pleasing stuff.

I thought you were just naming bands the Pit masturbates too.
Quote by MiasmA

BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
nah i was naming bands i honestly just think are boring and plain. i seem to have selective ADD where i cant listen to music or play video games that are not in any way innovative or clever, which is why i love me my wii.

EDIT: to doofag
A lot of mainstream bands out there are just average. Some are good though, and some are great. I'd have to disagree woth ypu about FF, they're pretty darn awesome.

But anyway, that's why I immerse myself in the indie scene...mainly NYC and Boston, as I find they have the best scene. Chicago puts out some good stuff every once and a while, and every now and then, a good band will pop up from some state like Washington or something....but anyway, I digress.
As I was saying, I immerse myself in the aforementioned indie scenes because they sstill play for the music. It's not about what the record company wants or how to get rich quick like a lot of the mainstream bands these days.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Definatley Breaking Benjamin, I have no idea how they got so big. Godsmack and Disturbed too.
Quote by MiasmA
nah i was naming bands i honestly just think are boring and plain. i seem to have selective ADD where i cant listen to music or play video games that are not in any way innovative or clever, which is why i love me my wii.

Quote by MiasmA

BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
i would say new metallica, new slipknot, probably some more but thats all i can think of
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Quote by MiasmA

EDIT: to doofag

umm all video games very much the same as the area it is like final fantasy if they didnt have good storys I wouldnt like them and halo ahh I ahte it purely but halo is the same as every other shooter just more populer and with aliens
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Quote by ep1kz

okay many could argue about pink floyd with me for days, but malmsteen is in essence a vanilla shredder, i love shred but hes just plain BORING and pretentious. all the others IMHO are plain generic pentatonic rock, of course they were new and exciting in 1960-70-whatever, but now to me, a 16 year old with MANY options, lots of bands have improved upon it and made it better.
Quote by a19e86
Definatley Breaking Benjamin, I have no idea how they got so big. Godsmack and Disturbed too.

I think people like Disturbed because of the weird sounds he adds to the songs.
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
Mainstream music is an Industry and because of that it has no soul.
I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger......a man on the move and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Quote by Hexagram
Oh and Zeke, i find you to be over-rated
Quote by punk_metal2007
umm all video games very much the same as the area it is like final fantasy if they didnt have good storys I wouldnt like them and halo ahh I ahte it purely but halo is the same as every other shooter just more populer and with aliens

well games im into rite now are warioware for the wii (best game out for it so far), team fortress 2 (while not entirely new, it requires unprecedented teamwork and i enjoy the social aspect of teamwork online), and skate. (you cant tell me if u played that game that u almost came when you landed a tre to nose blunt on a kink rail.)
Quote by MiasmA
well games im into rite now are warioware for the wii (best game out for it so far), team fortress 2 (while not entirely new, it requires unprecedented teamwork and i enjoy the social aspect of teamwork online), and skate. (you cant tell me if u played that game that u almost came when you landed a tre to nose blunt on a kink rail.)

why are we talking about videogames?
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
ACDC. And all of their fanboys who, whenever a news article is posted with a "sell-out" band and ACDC's name in their, post stupid comments like "omg, how DARE they compare themselves to ACDC", etc etc.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by MiasmA

skate that is basically what tony hawk maybe diffrent story to it maybe new people diffrent moves and diffrent controls but its skateboarding nonetheless and wario has been around since mario he is just the baddy with yellow instead of red...
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Quote by MiasmA
i have NOOOOOOOOO idea i just got totally sidetracked.

me too :P
Quote by SkyValley
Quote by punk_metal2007
skate that is basically what tony hawk maybe diffrent story to it maybe new people diffrent moves and diffrent controls but its skateboarding nonetheless and wario has been around since mario he is just the baddy with yellow instead of red...

skate. has what many games dont, a sense of achievement for doing some of the smallest things in game and its flickit trick system and realistic sense of play are both innovative, and wariowares take on microgames (smaller than minigames) and its taking advantage of a relatively new motion sensor technology is innovative as well

/complete sidetracking
I kinda agree. I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but there's a lot of music that's not really bad, but just kinda bland and mediocre.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
As long as we're sidetracked....

Zelda and Rayman for Wii are awesome. I'm also trying out GC games i missed, and Metroid Prime is amazingly awesome. Innovative, beautiful and action packed.
Quote by its irrelevant
As long as we're sidetracked....

Zelda and Rayman for Wii are awesome. I'm also trying out GC games i missed, and Metroid Prime is amazingly awesome. Innovative, beautiful and action packed.

yep, all those mentioned games are very fun.
Bands/artists whose music bores me, regardless of how talented they are:

Foo Fighters
Dream Theater (excluding Glass Prison)
Dead Can Dance
Elvis Presley
Johnny Cash
Pearl Jam (excluding Yield and some other songs)
U2
Most orchestral soundtracks (save for the"main titles" and some other exceptions)
Most jazz
Most Jpop (about 60% of it)
Andrea Bocelli
Sarah Brightman (one exception)
Frank Sinatra
Most indie
Quote by yawn
Bands/artists whose music bores me, regardless of how talented they are:

Foo Fighters
Dream Theater (excluding Glass Prison)
Dead Can Dance
Elvis Presley
Johnny Cash
Pearl Jam (excluding Yield and some other songs)
U2
Most orchestral soundtracks (save for the"main titles" and some other exceptions)
Most jazz
Most Jpop (about 60% of it)
Andrea Bocelli
Sarah Brightman (one exception)
Frank Sinatra
Most indie

I really have to agree with you there. I want to be a well-cultured musician or whatever, but a lot of it just seems like elevator music to me. I actually like older big band music with cool horn riffs and stuff, but most combo jazz is too improvised to really grab me.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Wayward_Son
I really have to agree with you there. I want to be a well-cultured musician or whatever, but a lot of it just seems like elevator music to me. I actually like older big band music with cool horn riffs and stuff, but most combo jazz is too improvised to really grab me.
Wow, talk about a coincidence. Just a few nights ago, I started downloading a whole bunch of swing and big band music after reading about how its successor bebop tried to steer the genre into a more inaccessible medium (and thus more respectable, blah). What I like most is the casual New Orleans-style jazz (from an unlikely source).
Back on topic: Most new metal... or "metal" "hardcore" or whatever...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Breaking Benjamin, Godsmack, Three Days Grace, and just about every other mainstream modern rock band. As far as classic goes, I can't get into Led Zeppelin, I just don't understand why people like them so much. Love ACDC and love to play their stuff but seriously out of the 20 songs on my Ipod that are by them, none of them have been played because there is ALWAYS something better.