i know i have a lot of questions. ok i have no idea what the hells going on with scales. i know what wwhwwwh means but im not sure i totally get the idea. i should know what im talking about because ive been in a classical band for five years. but what does minor and major mean exactly?
ok so i understand the whole wwhwwwh thingy i think. so if im correct and im trying to make an E major scale then

low e string|-1---3----5---6---8---10----12-----13-----

now if thats correct then im pretty happy right now. but what happens when i go down to string A ? wouldnt i start on the fret that makes note E on the A string?

i know its really confusing well at least for me. but if you could help me that would be great
Instead of counting UP the E string, go up the strings. By now you should know that 5th fret on the E string is A. That means (like most of the strings) you can go up to the next string.

So instead of doing what you did there, go up the strings.

e|-0--1--3---
b|-0--1--3---
g|-0--2-------
d|-0--2--3---
a|-0--2--3---
E|-0--1--3---
Quote by Dark_Merlin
Instead of counting UP the E string, go up the strings. By now you should know that 5th fret on the E string is A. That means (like most of the strings) you can go up to the next string.

So instead of doing what you did there, go up the strings.

e|-0--1--3---
b|-0--1--3---
g|-0--2-------
d|-0--2--3---
a|-0--2--3---
E|-0--1--3---

wow i totally have no idea what you meant.
Quote by joeyc
low e string|-1---3----5---6---8---10----12-----13-----

sorry to say it but i'm pretty sure that's wrong
the E major scale would be
E-----F#---G#--A----B----C#---Eflat-----E
-0----2-----4-----5----7----9------11-----12--
---W----W----H----W---W----W------H

that's what i can think of, without a guitar in my hands right now
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Last edited by cerveza at Oct 8, 2007,
i was confused by wwhwwwh there... 'till i realized it was just what I learned as TTSTTTS (Tone Semi-Tone)

but thats the right idea-ish
ok i just had my parents explain it. but now i dont understand how minor scales work
ok so just to make sure i got it, im going to write a g major scale.

E|-3-5
A|-------2-3-5-
D|----------------2-4-5-
G|-------------------------2-4-5-
B|-----------------------------------3-5
E|-----------------------------------------2-3