Ooooooookay..

So, I wrote a peice of music, with like, bass going.. like 2 bars of G and 2 bars of A along with the drums, and the 2 Guitars will hopefully play along with the vocals in a choppy way.

My Question is, can they play G's and A's even if the bass is going the two bars and at times the guitars will be playing G and the Bass A?

I hope that makes sense..

Thanks in advance for the help!
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
You can do whatever you want.It's music, there are no rules. Try it out, if it sounds good keep it. If not, change it till you like it.
^ Exactly.

If it sounds right, it is right.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by hippie_cune
you dont even have to make it sound right.

dissonance is liked by some..

fvckin weirdos :P

SYSTEM OF A DOWN ****IN RULE!
Ahhh thank you guys!!!!

WOOTOOTTOTOOOTOTT
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Quote by nightraven
There are rules in music, but if you break them you're playing jazz

haha that's great
Quote by nightraven
There are rules in music, but if you break them you're playing jazz

ha, there are no rules per say, unless you're playing classical music. otherwise there are simply explanations.
id say jazz has more rules than anything!

classical is mainly: dont use the tritone! Diablo! Diablo!

[this is funny because jazz loves the tritone]
^ classical music depending on the type follows certain structures. classical music also omits certain things and permits certain things (like not doubling the leading tone lol as stated before, doing this will result in a fugue related death)
Quote by Spamwise
You can do whatever you want.It's music, there are no rules. Try it out, if it sounds good keep it. If not, change it till you like it.

for god's sake people.....NO RULES IN MUSIC ?!?!.....so ur saying i can solo on the C major scale over a 12-bar blues chord progression with the F# as the root ?!
Gear :

Hofner HS-506
Squier Bullet Strat.......(Sucks ??....maybe.. But i like it )
Marshall MG15CD
Quote by german_46
for god's sake people.....NO RULES IN MUSIC ?!?!.....so ur saying i can solo on the C major scale over a 12-bar blues chord progression with the F# as the root ?!

if you want, what are the music police gonna come get you if you do that? The possibilities are endless, listen to some abstract music once... it may not be the most pleasant stuff, but dont keep such a closed mind out on it.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
Quote by HellBent1337
if you want, what are the music police gonna come get you if you do that? The possibilities are endless, listen to some abstract music once... it may not be the most pleasant stuff, but dont keep such a closed mind out on it.

so im closed-minded after all mate ?!.....yeah , u can do "exotic" stuff that breaks the rules...but dont overdo it....listen to "dave douglas"....keep it balanced
Gear :

Hofner HS-506
Squier Bullet Strat.......(Sucks ??....maybe.. But i like it )
Marshall MG15CD
I think the point is if it sounds good just f.uckin play it.

Dissonance can be cool, it can also be s.hit - depends how and where you use it.

I personally loathe the idea of being able to know what will sound good based on rules - it doesn't matter; play cos you enjoy it. If it sounds good to you then don't care about anyone else when they say that you've played this over that wrong. It doesn't matter.

In other words, shut up german_46 - music is freedom.
they made the rules long after sound began existing, which is why the rules of music arent all completely strict.

they had to come up with them around the sound. kind of like trying to organise chaos.

the good thing about theory is that it gives you enough info to know what rules you can and cant ignore when making music.

the point is, yes you can technically do whatever the **** you want when making music, but the rules that are here are generally tried and tested, and if you dont use any of them, chances are your music will sound ****.

dont believe me? go listen to a band called the shaggs.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Quote by german_46

yes. go ahead and try. I'm 100% positive no magical force is going to stop you from doing it. What sounds like crap to someone sounds incredible to someone else. don't put creativity in a box.