so pretty much for my birthday ive managed to get about $560.

id like to know if the prs se one would be good. i play a variety of genres, blues, jazz, rock, metal, funk, and im trying to get into some more electronic stuff too.

other choices could be...

epi les paul
agi les paul copy
gibson melody maker
shecter damien fr

please enlighten me!

(im sorry for not listing fender, ive been playing a squier and you know how it is)
R.I.P. S.R.V. dimebag ain't got nothin' on you.
R.I.P. Hendrix... nevermind, god can't die
You could go for a used Godin Solidac.

Or a new Godin Freeway Classic.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
I have a regular SE I got from SC for 450 with a tremelo, Double cutaway, the necks not a bolt on, Real comfortable neck, easy to play, came with medium jumbo frets. Tone controlls are nice. Tone it self is great. I think your looking in the right direction.
Where in Northern Illinois? I may be able to help you out!
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I'm from IL too whee.

I'm not going to make a creepy stalker comment like CORT though .

What amp do you have and what music do you play?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
what is SC? and i know the bc rich warlock is bad. but what about the mockingbirds?

oh. my amp is a crappy behringer gmx212. which is ok. but i plan for a smal tube powered 30 watt soon. and i play mostly metal, blues, jazz, and funk
My bad GC, Guitar center. I got the initials mixed up. I've only been playing for a year or so but I noticed prs's cheapy guitars are actually really nice
Last edited by Carvinlover at Oct 8, 2007,
Dont get a PRS if u plan on playing distorted a lot............unless you plan on changing the Bridge pickup.........because otherwise.........SE's are only good for clean in my oppinion............if you want something thats amazing stock...........get a Gibson SG Speacial Faded.
Quote by SG5533
if you want something thats amazing stock...........get a Gibson SG Speacial Faded.

If by "amazing" you mean "mediocre"

Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Oct 9, 2007,
Quote by FacingUsAll
If by "amazing" you mean "mediocre"

Why would you say that?
Threadstarter, I suggest taking a look at Michael Kelly Guitars.

Very well built, comfortable neck, good pickups and electronics, and sexy looking to boot .

Quote by SG5533
Why would you say that?

Because I've yet to play one that wasn't mediocre?

Every single one has been a "dead" guitar; almost no resonance. They seemingly use whatever leftover scraps of mahogany they have left for these things.

Quote by utsapp89
michael kelly you say? i think i saw that in a gp magazing. ill check it out too.

and im from machesney park btw
Quote by SG5533
Dont get a PRS if u plan on playing distorted a lot............unless you plan on changing the Bridge pickup.........because otherwise.........SE's are only good for clean in my oppinion............if you want something thats amazing stock...........get a Gibson SG Speacial Faded.

What I put beefy slinks on mine and it sounds Heavy as S**T
Quote by Carvinlover
What I put beefy slinks on mine and it sounds Heavy as S**T

It can still sound heavy while being dead. Like a snorlax carcass.

Also, thats mostly the amp talking usually.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Quote by bigbunny
michael kelly you say? i think i saw that in a gp magazing. ill check it out too.

and im from machesney park btw

Machesney park eh?

You like Alter Bridge? They have an Alter bridge signed PRS SE in Guzzardoes. They've got quite a bit of PRS's at Guzzardoes, so I'd go there. Only a few are on display, they have more in the back room.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.