Ok currently i have sh*t amp, 28W Squier Champ 15. I'm looking to upgrade, but yesterday at the mall i saw a fairly decent looking peavey amp, i didnt look to much into it, but it cost around $700 and i was wondering if they are good for metal, ill try look it up the model on the net now.

edit: Nashville 112 is the one i saw, 80W
it also couldve been the TransTube 212 EFX, 100W
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Last edited by Taylz24 at Oct 9, 2007,
from experience peavey's dont have the best distortion in the world. But their clean channels are excellent. I would recomend a peavey and a good distortion/overdrive pedal. Or a marshall stack if your rich.
Man...this guy doesn't even need to write a suicide note. He can just leave a link to this thread on his computer and everyone will understand.
Yes, Peavey's are great amps. I'm not so sure if the Nashville is THAT great but some of the Peavey amps to look out for are the JSX, XXX, 6505, Classic 30 etc. You should also check out the Peavey Windsor combo. Its an all tube amp thats really good for its price ($400).
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
^ some are that way but get a used 5150 is you want metal!

but hold up...what kind of metal?
old school metal? Jcm800 or peavey windsor.
nu-metal? 5150/XXX/6505
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
i've never played it so i can't honestly say if it's good or not. but for $700 you can pick up a used peavey 5150 which will sound great for metal. if you're willing to go used, you open yourself up to quite a plethora of great high-gain amps, as well. marshall jcm, mesas (i don't like mesa too much and don't have much experience with them beyond the rectos and the marks, but i'm sure some other people will be on here giving you some good mesa advice in a bit), peavey xxx (though i didn't like it too much), randall, etc. new you can get a b-52 at which may need a pedal, depending on what kind of metal you play, but it sounds quite good for the price. i'm sure i'm forgetting a ton but that's what the other ugers are for.
Quote by ssguitar
^ some are that way but get a used 5150 is you want metal!

but hold up...what kind of metal?
old school metal? Jcm800 or peavey windsor.
nu-metal? 5150/XXX/6505

umm probs like old school/heavy metal kinda thing
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
peavey windor + good 2x12 cab and a bad monkey OD.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!