sorry for making another post but i wanted this to be a lot more organized. if i understand major scale theory correctly then this should be right. its supposed to be an F major scale.

E|-----------------------------------0-1------------
B|-----------------------------0-2------------------
G|---------------------0-2-3------------------------
D|-------------0-2-3--------------------------------
A|------0-1-3---------------------------------------
E|-1-3-----------------------------------------------

i heard that it is only supposed to be 8 notes is that true?
You got it right. But, you started the scale over in a new octave at the 3rd fret on the D string.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
that 2 on the b string is supposed to be a 3. other that that its right.

and its 8 notes per octave. you did 2 octaves, so thus theres 16 notes.

ok i lied to you just then.......its stupposed to be 1 and then 3 on the b string.

and thats for suree.

Quote by Haha, Crackhead
You got it right. But, you started the scale over in a new octave at the 3rd fret on the D string.

ok whats an octave? im stupid
Quote by SimpleMan008
that 2 on the b string is supposed to be a 3. other that that its right.

and its 8 notes per octave. you did 2 octaves, so thus theres 16 notes.

ok bass man how come i only have 15 then?
An octave is the same note name but a different pitch. Like this:

e|-----1-  F
B|-------
G|-------
D|---3---  F
A|-------
E|-1-----  F

These are all F notes, but different pitches.

Also, a 2 octave scale should have 15 notes, not 16. The last 7 notes are repeats of the previous 8.

-SD
Last edited by SilentDeftone at Oct 9, 2007,
ii think silent deftone just cleared it up for you, but let me take a stab anyway....

the first 8 notes are one octave, low F to high F (F, G, A, Bb, C, D, E, F).

then the next octave is those same notes in order just starting on the high F and going up to the next higher F.

So yes, technically there is 15. i said 16 because i counted that middle F (3rd fret on the d string) as both the 8th note of the first scale and the 1st note of the 2nd scale.

i strongly recommend a music theory class if your school has one. they can help you alot.

Quote by SimpleMan008
ii think silent deftone just cleared it up for you, but let me take a stab anyway....

the first 8 notes are one octave, low F to high F (F, G, A, Bb, C, D, E, F).

then the next octave is those same notes in order just starting on the high F and going up to the next higher F.

So yes, technically there is 15. i said 16 because i counted that middle F (3rd fret on the d string) as both the 8th note of the first scale and the 1st note of the 2nd scale.

i strongly recommend a music theory class if your school has one. they can help you alot.

im in high shcool . no ill talk to my band director