Now that I've got your attention with the prospects of soup, lets get down to business. I need help of a mathematical nature. A logarithmic nature actually. There are 2 questions in..well...in question I suppose, so pweeeeeassse help me UG?

numero uno is as follows:

e^2x=5^x-1

numero doso is as follows:

log(5x)+log(x-1)=2

an e-cookie and my undying love to anyone that can help me. (that does not include you dimebag 22, I love you enough as it is )
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
Figure it out yourself n00b. Go ask the teacher

Otherwise GTFO!

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
screw you it's due tomorrow n00b-burger and my teacher is in another town cause it's correspondance course, so YOU GTFO!
Quote by ManWithoutAHat
screw you it's due tomorrow n00b-burger and my teacher is in another town cause it's correspondance course, so YOU GTFO!

Bah n00b-burgers taste better than n00b-sandwiches, you n00b-sandwich. Go eat some n00b-cakes I bet they are waiting for you, you fat ass.

Lawlz
screw you man, I'm a pb and n00b-sandwich which kicks the mediocre meat out of your n00b-burgers. and I'm not fat I'm husky

<_<
>_>

You're not even helping man. Where's the helping people?!?!?!
then you're of no use here... *removes syringe of sodium pentathol slowly*
Dammit! I thought this was going to be about some new, wild, and savory creation from the kind folks at Campbell's Soup Inc. and I find this load of crap? For shame.
*alienated by immediate private conversation*

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Well dammit I needed some ruse to get you UG math geniouses in here and I thought soup was the perfect way. I mean c'mon, everyone loves soup. And I've learned not to tell dimebag22 about my threads before hand, it won't happen again. That dirty bitch is gonna stay far far away

NOW WHERE ARE MY DAMN MATH ANSWERS?!?! IT'S MIDNIGHT AND I HAVE THIS COURSE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING! I demand you crunch my numbers!
TS GTFO.

False thread title is false. False advertising is lame. Figure out your own math homework, the pit certainly as hell isn't going to help.
Quote by ManWithoutAHat
Well dammit I needed some ruse to get you UG math geniouses in here and I thought soup was the perfect way. I mean c'mon, everyone loves soup. And I've learned not to tell dimebag22 about my threads before hand, it won't happen again. That dirty bitch is gonna stay far far away

NOW WHERE ARE MY DAMN MATH ANSWERS?!?! IT'S MIDNIGHT AND I HAVE THIS COURSE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING! I demand you crunch my numbers!

Why don't you go ask the sexy student teacher that you want to secks up? I know that you want in her pants, why don't you make her a deal.

Plus, I ain't no dirty bitch. I was only dirty from sexin up Caitlyn in the mud before you told me about this thread. That hoe is cheating on you eh?

Only jokes
Aqua Dementia: That would explain why I've seen the pit give loads of help to people with math questions plenty of times. Including me one seperate occasion. In short: YOU GTFO!
Last edited by ManWithoutAHat at Oct 9, 2007,
Quote by ManWithoutAHat
Aqua Dementia: That would explain why I've seen the pit give loads of help to people with math questions plenty of times. Including me one seperate occasion. In short: YOU GTFO! :rollseyes:

No.

Your eyes have swindled you.
*sigh, its late, but i suppose i can help. i do seem to be doing this more and more. maybe my calling in life?

the first problem: e^2x=5^x-1
first step, take the natural log of both sides (which gets rid of the exponential, e, on the left side) and get: 2x = ln(5^x-1)
and thats all the further you can really go - i checked it in maple, and it spit out an imaginary number

the second problem: log(5x)+log(x-1)=2
this one is easier, and i know what to do with it
property of logarithm: log(a) + log(b) = log(ab)
apply that to get: log(5x*(x-1)) = 2
use the definition of the logarithm (this is in base 10 b/c it has no number at the base)
log[a](c) = b translates to a^b = c
apply that to get: 100 = 5x*(x-1)
multiply that out and simplify to get a regular quadratic: x^2-x-20=0
which factors out to be: (x-5)(x+4) = 0
and you get x=5,-4 - but you have to check to make sure that you dun violate the logarithms above
5 is ok because you have log(25) + log(4), but -4 isnt b/c it gives you log(-20) = nonexistant + log(-5) = nonexistant
so your only answer is x=5 for that one

EDIT: checked the second one in maple, and thats right

EDIT part deux: sigged dimebag22 - thx
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Last edited by Mr_BTP at Oct 9, 2007,
Quote by Mr_BTP
*sigh, its late, but i suppose i can help. i do seem to be doing this more and more. maybe my calling in life?

the first problem: e^2x=5^x-1
first step, take the natural log of both sides (which gets rid of the exponential, e, on the left side) and get: 2x = ln(5^x-1)
and thats all the further you can really go - i checked it in maple, and it spit out an imaginary number

the second problem: log(5x)+log(x-1)=2
this one is easier, and i know what to do with it
property of logarithm: log(a) + log(b) = log(ab)
apply that to get: log(5x*(x-1)) = 2
use the definition of the logarithm (this is in base 10 b/c it has no number at the base)
log[a](c) = b translates to a^b = c
apply that to get: 100 = 5x*(x-1)
multiply that out and simplify to get a regular quadratic: x^2-x-20=0
which factors out to be: (x-5)(x+4) = 0
and you get x=5,-4 - but you have to check to make sure that you dun violate the logarithms above
5 is ok because you have log(25) + log(4), but -4 isnt b/c it gives you log(-20) = nonexistant + log(-5) = nonexistant
so your only answer is x=5 for that one

This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.
told ya kris Thank you mr_BTP. I would've done it myself, but it's late and it's still rather confusing to me. You win my love and an e-cookie, which you will be recieving at a later date

ManWithoutAEdit: Mr_BTP=smartest pit monkey. I love him

Oh and Aqua Dementia: Hate to say I told ya so brah
Last edited by ManWithoutAHat at Oct 9, 2007,
Sorry mr_BTP. I stole your e-cookie from Ethan before he could give it to you.

'Tis a good cookie too
Quote by ManWithoutAHat
told ya kris Thank you mr_BTP. I would've done it myself, but it's late and it's still rather confusing to me. You win my love and an e-cookie, which you will be recieving at a later date

ManWithoutAEdit: Mr_BTP=smartest pit monkey. I love him

Oh and Aqua Dementia: Hate to say I told ya so brah

Ok. So I was wrong. I lose this one.
^You're a doll, wanna make out you n00bish 07er you?
lulz I can pretend to be.

mr_BTP I'm dressing you up as me for the provincial exam. It's decided.
Quote by Dimebag22
Why don't you go ask the sexy student teacher that you want to secks up? I know that you want in her pants, why don't you make her a deal.

Plus, I ain't no dirty bitch. I was only dirty from sexin up Caitlyn in the mud before you told me about this thread. That hoe is cheating on you eh?

Only jokes

Sexin me up eh...first of all its Caitlin, not Caitlyn lmao. jeeze get it right n00b. annnnd second of all..the only time.you would EVER even come close to sexin me..is in your dreams
hello, i've waited here for you e.v.e.r.l.o.n.g