I need some help figuring out what kind of guitar the lead uses here-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JMGO3pwJ6Y

Look at 2:50-3:20 to get a better look. Dude on the left. I'm pretty sure the sex machineguns endorse ESP, and it looks like an EX guitar. The thing that throws me off though is the fact that it has a floyd rose and appears to be blue, and esp doesnt sell their EX's with either of those features. In the near future i'm thinking about buying my second guitar, and ESP seems like a fair choice. I'd appreciate it if you didn't just make remarks like Oh psh get a gibson! Get a fender!. I've tried them already. :]. Thanks in advance.
OH SWEET! Marry me?

i dont expect alot of people to like the song lol. i love it though
It's not an EX.

It's this guitar:

You can get them from ESP Japan. Or you could just buy the Gus G signature modell from ESP which is basically the exact same guitar.

edit: bit late there
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
I'm going to Japan for a year so I'll probably get it when i go. importing = expensive. I think. Don't quote me on that.

EDIT: Tekken = The Enemy in japanese. not just the video game. That is where the name comes from
Quote by injected
OH SWEET! Marry me?

i dont expect alot of people to like the song lol. i love it though

The song's actually not bad; I'm a fan of japanese music myself.
Thanks for the song though, I'll be downloading it soon.
Quote by injected
I'm going to Japan for a year so I'll probably get it when i go. importing = expensive. I think. Don't quote me on that.

Ask Dave_mc what he paid for his Edwards. As far as I know it wan't too high.

Quote by injected
Mother of god. $3,200. Not for a few years, meh.

If you find the ESP too expensive, why not get the Edwards version?

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by injected
Mother of god. $3,200. Not for a few years, meh.

That's sig models for ya.
If you're after a similar-shaped guitar, go for the ESP RS.
Not exactly the same guitar in terms of specs, but it's the closest you'll get withou paying 3000+ dollars.

EDIT: ^Or that too.
Yeah I just saw that, its about $900. Still quite a leap from my $130 RG120. I'm setting my sights on that. Would it make sense to drop an EMG81 in the bridge or would that compromise the "sexmachineguns sound"?
Unless you're willing to change the neck pickup too, then by all means go for it.
I'm sure you'll nail that sound if you EQ your amp well enough, which bring me to my next question:
What's your current amp?
Quote by injected
Yeah I just saw that, its about $900. Still quite a leap from my $130 RG120. I'm setting my sights on that. Would it make sense to drop an EMG81 in the bridge or would that compromise the "sexmachineguns sound"?

The Sex Machineguns sound isn't that specific, so you should be able to pull it off with an EMG (although wiring passives and actives together can be tricky).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Line 6 spider III 15, a decent solid state amp for what i do.
I don't like the settings on it though, so I got a zoom gfx-3 multieffects and it sounds real nice with that.

I really suck at dialing in EQ's though.
Quote by staticoverdub
not for $200. save save!

Agreed. And btw, that design is a copy of the Charvel Star, that said, I bet you could find a Japan only Grover Jackson or Jackson STARS Star for a reasonable amount, but you would still have some saving to do.