Page 1 of 2
kinda long story

here we go:

So yesterday after working a 7 hour shift of washing dishes i go home and take a shower etc. and i get this text from my friend (who is a girl) and she wants to hang out. Well, to be honest, i didnt really want to so i told her i was sick.

Later i go to friends house to hang out he is a co-worker so he was tired too. we just did some normal stuff, ate subway, played some halo 3, went to the market. the usual.

well today at school the girl that wanted to hang with me told me she knows that i went out last night and she saw me and blah blah blah. all this bitchy shit. so i just kinda blew it off.

Tonight after work i come home and i get another text from her that says all this stuff about lying to friends and she doesnt think we should hang out anymore. i told her that sometimes i just dont want to be with her, just like anyone with a friend they hang out with a lot. she said why did you lie. i told her that everyone lies, and i gave her an example of when she did THE EXACT SAME THING TO SOMEONE when they called her.

she said it wasnt the same thing, and that she doesnt know if we are still cool...

she's been my friend for like 10 years.
wtf is her deal?
or is it me?
help please
Don't lie to your good friends.

You brought it upon yourself.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Try posting this in the relationship thread.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
You did lie...but she is acting like...while...an unreasonable bitch
White/Cream Faded 1966 Stratocaster
100 Watt All-Tube JVM410H
1960 Lead Cab-B
-------------------------------------------------
but what im saying is that everyone lies

i told her that so she would not be upset

its better than saying

"you know, sometimes you really annoy me and tonight i dont want to deal with your bull****"

no, i tried to make everyone happy and i got fucked
Quote by Dimebag22
Don't lie to your good friends.

You brought it upon yourself.

exactly.

if it is your friend, you shouldnt have to lie. just tell her you dont feel like hanging out. if she really is your friend, she would be ok with that.
If I had to take a side I would say it was your fault. You should have told her you had a long shift, not that you were sick, or that you planned to hand with your co-worker. BUt it's not a big deal. And, you still could tell her that you had planned to hand with your co-worker.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
That's not true, you didn't try to make her happy.

I'd say give it a little time to cool down, then let her know you are sincerely sorry, she should come around, if not just let it be.
yeah. just tell her you were tired next time. she'll understand. don't sweat it, you guys will be cool again sometime soon, just talk to her about it.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
You live up to your title. You are a big dick. But really, you should have said that you were going to your friends house/already had plans.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
just tap her, and everything will resolve itself.
My stuff:

ESP EX-50
SX Telecaster Replica
Jade 75 watt amp
15 Watt Mega-amp, lol.
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP50
Quote by Dimebag22
You live up to your title. You are a big dick. But really, you should have said that you were going to your friends house/already had plans.

Hmmm. Maybe we're being harsh on the guy. What if he didn't have plans when he responded to her, but later, his friend called him up. Nonetheless, he still shouldn't have lied to her.

Btw, if thats the case, don't tell her it was like that. You'll be f*cked. Tell her that you had previous engagements. and you lied because you didn't want to make her feel as if you cared more about your [guy] friend than her.
Quote by Lil Macker

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

She may have blown it out of proportion but you probably shouldn't have lied in the first place.
You're a dick.

(Hey that's what you nick says )

But with all seriousness, I think it would've been better if you had been honest.

I mean sometimes I don't hang want to hang out with certain friends and I'm honest to them. Although I've had some people that aren't honest with me, and I just tell them to **** off afterwards.
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
Dude, just tell her that you meant no harm with the lie, and you would never lie if you thought it would hurt her. You only lied to make her feel good, instead of saying "No, b**** I don't want to hang out with you!"
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
it must be different for me...

if someone told me a lie and i found out about it, i wouldnt really care, just brush my shoulders off...

it seems to me she is taking this too far?
if you talk to her, and things get bad, just use my classic breakup line.

i'm gonna be honest with you. for once. i'm not gonna say that i don't care. the truth is, it really hurts to see you go like this, but i hope that all the time we spent together meant something to you, cuz it meant a hell of a lot to me. just because we don't spend as much time together as we used to, doesn't mean i don't care about you. just cuz i never called you as much as before, i still loved you the same. etc etc.

works everytimg. they hook back up immediately.
Quote by Lil Macker

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

You probly shouldn't have lied but on the other side of the coin if she did the same thing she has no right to judge.
Quote by guitarguy17
it must be different for me...

if someone told me a lie and i found out about it, i wouldnt really care, just brush my shoulders off...

it seems to me she is taking this too far?

she is overreacting man. but thats women for you. doesn't matter though, all that matters to them is what the feel. and what matters to you is if you value her as a friend or not.
Quote by Lil Macker

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Quote by Uglybassist
You probly shouldn't have lied but on the other side of the coin if she did the same thing she has no right to judge.

damn.. i knew it
im so pissed
Sounds like she's on her period.

And no, that's not a joke.

Friends do that kind of **** to each other all the time, is she's really your friend and has been for that long, she'll get over it.

I mean...unless you just like REALLY milked it and made it sound like you where dying or something...

But dude, that is kind of lame...it's one thing to just lie, but you could have EASLY said I've just been working for 7 hours and am bum**** tired.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
You know, I had a friend who overreacted with things like that all the time too. Sounds like the same girl TBH, but it's probably not. Anyway, she'll get over it but if you DO lie, don't leave the house lol.
Hey guitarguy17 I know this isn't the time or place....but can I join the "I am a Dick" club ?
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
Last edited by Pertenozzo at Oct 9, 2007,
By the way...how tall/big are you?

Just asking...because your title probably belongs to someone else...
Quote by CodySG
Sounds like she's on her period.

And no, that's not a joke.

Friends do that kind of **** to each other all the time, is she's really your friend and has been for that long, she'll get over it.

I mean...unless you just like REALLY milked it and made it sound like you where dying or something...

But dude, that is kind of lame...it's one thing to just lie, but you could have EASLY said I've just been working for 7 hours and am bum**** tired.

but even if i had said that i was tired she would have seen me later that night, the same way she or one of her friends (still dont know) did when i told her i was sick...it would have been the same ordeal
Quote by Pertenozzo
Hey guitarguy17 I know this isn't the time or place....but can I join the "I am a Dick" club ?

NO

i dont live in beaverton either, so i doubt it is the same girl
Quote by guitarguy17
but even if i had said that i was tired she would have seen me later that night, the same way she or one of her friends (still dont know) did when i told her i was sick...it would have been the same ordeal

Not really, could have just told her that you guys decided to hang after work, even though you where tired.

Either way, just go with the flow...it'll work out one way or the other.
Quote by Pertenozzo

Something called PM. You're a total dick for posting here. End of this discussion, but not guitar17's.

things will work out man, just talk to her.
Quote by Lil Macker

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Guess you shouldn't have lied. But whatever, **** happens. And never try to call women on hypocrisy haha... never works. As in you told her she did the same thing to someone else, never works. Meh, unless she's just normally a real bitch she'll get over it quickly I'm sure. If you're indeed sorry say you're sorry and that you were tired is all and there isn't anything else you should do after that I think.
Quote by PT 2 DOOR RULE
If I have bad creepy dreams tonight, your ass is toast Still Life

Quote by skeptopotamus
Dream Sexy...dream Still Life...

Last.fm runs my life
Quote by guitarguy17
NO

i dont live in beaverton either, so i doubt it is the same girl
Yeah... she was back in Utah/Nevada anyway. Just saying i know exactly how it is.
Dude, I think everybody is going over the edge on this one. You lied, everybody lies, and most people lie about lying (lieing?), it's life. I think the problem here is you suck at lying. The worst lie to tell someone if you want to blow them off is that you're sick. It leaves you so you can't do anything else. Why not just say (like someone else already stated) that you already have plans? Even if you don't, it shouldn't be too hard to lie your way around that one...
I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do, so I'll leave it up to you....

Are you Superbad???
Quote by revolutionplz
Yeah sounds like you brought it upon yourself to me.

You should've told her you already had plans.

+agree
/1

I'm busy, or sorry got plans, works best.
Page 1 of 2