I really like the sound of the Allman Bros, Clapton, Jerry Garcia... stuff like that. I was hoping maybe I could get some suggestions on here. I'm lookin to find something thats like 15-30 watts tops.

Also, I really like the look of the Orange amps, would one of those cut it?
possible amps:

fender blues jr. <<< i think this one would be the best.
crate palomino V16 <<< little more gain.

i don't think u'd need anymore gain than those.
i got no experience with oranges though... shame. tiny terror with a cab would be wallet ripping, but it must be nice.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
the tiny terror which is what i wanna get is good for old rock, like ACDC sound, from what i hear from people and fromw hat i heard when i tried it.
In my opinion you should forget about 15-30 watts and go to at least 75 watts, because as soon as you start gigging you'll need one with a lot more power, i recomend the spider line 2, they're brilliant, never had a problem with them
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
Quote by Gwynnell
In my opinion you should forget about 15-30 watts and go to at least 75 watts, because as soon as you start gigging you'll need one with a lot more power, i recomend the spider line 2, they're brilliant, never had a problem with them

oh dear
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Gwynnell

lack of sarcasm makes this post the winner.

EDIT: I'm somewhat convinced that everyone on this board is a computer. the same topics and responses are just recycled each week.

and threadstarter, you ought to include how much $$ you've got to spend and your plans for the amp (i.e. large gigs, bedroom practice, etc.).

for infinite money, i would look into matchless.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Last edited by staticoverdub at Oct 9, 2007,
Quote by Gwynnell

no, no, no, go for a small valve amp instead, you will be much better of

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
Quote by Gwynnell

haha, fail.

to touch of grey: most 15-30 watt all-tube amps should be fine for those tones as most are aimed at classic rock... it's just a matter of trying them to see which you prefer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?