My other guitarist has Line 6 that we dont use anymore cause we both have peavey 5150's, but we heard that Line 6's are good for recording with. I'm trying to figure the best way to record with line 6 straight to my computer. I have a decent sound card. Also i need some recommendations (other then pro tools) for recording software, something like Adobe Audition, is that any good, or cubasis. We use alot of distortion since we are in a Death/Hardcore Metal band.

thanks in advance for any helpful replies !!!
Agile Septor Elite 7-String
ESP H-1007
ESP H-1001
Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie Cab

Recording Gear -
PreSonus FireStudio Interface
CX5 Studio Monitors
if you want to record with the spider II, use the direct out/headphone output on it/them. sounds allright, i do it every once in a while with my HD, but id use that 5150 if i were you
so your saying i should mic my 5150. well i'm a total noob at this (we all got start somewhere) and i really wanna learn this ****, i'm trying to get the grants to go to school for it, but for now i'm stuck with the internet as my teacher. So what kinda of mic should i use, and do i plug said mic straight into my sound card.

Anymore suggestions on the Line 6 way of doing this ?
ESP H-1007
ESP H-1001
Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie Cab

Recording Gear -
CX5 Studio Monitors
Bump !
ESP H-1007
ESP H-1001
Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie Cab

Recording Gear -
CX5 Studio Monitors
Yes definitely mic up the 5150. As a rule of thumb amps that sound GOOD are GOOD for recording - so I don't see why people get the misconception that a Spider would be good for recording when they would much rather use a different amp all the rest of the time.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.