i am thinking of getting a new amp. i would like to know what difference in sound quality there is between an Epiphone Valve JR and my current amp which is a behringer V tone (came with guitar strap etc). sound clips would help
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Built Acoustic
Epiphone Valve Special
Marshall Guv'nor GV2
tanglewood 1000 pu resonator
washborn acoustic
My Build
Valve junior will sound a lot better, though if you need more distortion you'll probably need a pedal.
how about this.
Marshall MG 30DFX
would it be any good or would the Epi valve Jr still sound better.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Built Acoustic
Epiphone Valve Special
Marshall Guv'nor GV2
washborn acoustic
My Build
VJ will still be better toned, easily.

Its a tube amp, and tone-wise it will blow other similarly priced SS amps out of the water (in most cases)

But it wont be incredibly versatile, you will need a nice OD or something to get heavier OD if thats what you want.
thanx gonna make myself an overdrive pedal anyway.
looks like an Epiphone Valve JR will be on my christmas list.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Built Acoustic
Epiphone Valve Special
Marshall Guv'nor GV2
washborn acoustic
My Build
Quote by Hakanku
VJ will still be better toned, easily.

Its a tube amp, and tone-wise it will blow other similarly priced SS amps out of the water (in most cases)

But it wont be incredibly versatile, you will need a nice OD or something to get heavier OD if thats what you want.

by "wont be incredibly versatile" what you really mean is that it's a one trick pony.... out of the box at least.

fortunately, it's quite renowned for the number, availability and ease of modifications that can be done to it. IMO, it's a great amp to build an effects rig around and dive into the world of modding. its tone to price ratio is nearly unbeatable. just be willing to expand and you'll be quite happy.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
basically +1 on what everyone's said- it has nice tone, but is a one trick pony, and if you play anything much heavier than lighter classic rock you'll be disappointed unless you have a good booster pedal or are prepared to do some mods as static said (be careful, there are lethal voltages in there!)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
(be careful, there are lethal voltages in there!)...

AMEN! Learn how to discharge it BEFORE anything else.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm Irish by decent but my father-in-law is Scottish. It's always...

Gaelic! No Celtic!
Gaelic! No Celtic!
Gaelic! No Celtic!
Gaelic! No Celtic!
Gaelic! No Celtic!

Geeeesh...and don't get me started on his dress...errrr, I mean, Kilt

Good to see ya here m8!

Chris