Hey UGers, I'm moving away to live in a couple weeks & unfortunently have to leave my current band . We still have one more gig before then, but its going to be hard to say good-bye to the other band members 2 of wich I grew-up playing with & the other I've known for about 18 months & we are really close friends!
The other thing that is going to make it hard to leave is the fact that after 18months of strugling we are finally starting to get a reputation (all be it some times not a good one!, but thats because of unmusic related matters!)
So anyway I was just wondering if anyone here has been through a simular thing & if so how did you deal with it?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by brady12345
I just moved from Canada to Australia... I feel your pain

Where in Australia are you?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
That sucks man... why don't you buy a flat and stay?
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
My band played its last gig last month and I'm moving away tomorrow. I know how you feel and it really sucks. Just gotta look for a new band when you're in your new home.
Quote by pepsi_lovr
That sucks man, why are you moving if you like it where you are so much?

pepsi

Well firstly I didn't say I liked the place (it's a hole!), secondly I'm only 17 & still living with my parents so I don't get much of a say in the matter
Quote by Spoony_Bard
yeh i moved a few years back from a band that i thought was going to go huge.
in the first year of living in the new town, i met up with a drummer, taught my best mate to play bass (Now plays better than any i know). and am now gigging regualary in a band that is bringing out its second ep soon.

all is not lost
Quote by kw!nton
yeh i moved a few years back from a band that i thought was going to go huge.
in the first year of living in the new town, i met up with a drummer, taught my best mate to play bass (Now plays better than any i know). and am now gigging regualary in a band that is bringing out its second ep soon.

all is not lost

Yeah I guess your right, it just feels like it at the moment cause we were going to start thinking about releasing an EP!.
Pretty upset at the moment but I'll get over it & finding a new band shouldn't be to difficult cause I'm a Bassist & I know they are pretty sparce where I am at the moment! Hopefully be the same where I'm going.
I just dout I'll be able to find a band as commited or as talented as the one I'm leaving (Gezz I tried not to start bragging! but I couldn't help it!)
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I moved from germany to china... it was basically a new start friend-wise (i still talk to my german friends everyday though). I did leave a few guys i've been playing with, but we weren't really serious about it back then, but that was already bad enough for me

edit: I forgot to say that i'm loving it now though was just the beginning that was a little complicated.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
i moved form UK to australia, i left a very good friend i play with and (i think) 1 of the best guitar teachers (1 of the reason, we would always go down the shop and a some booze b4 we started ) i was also bout to play my fisrt gig, but the drumer was ill and couldnt do it

What Goes Up

Must Come Down