Page 1 of 2
I have pretty cool hair, i think. A lot of people agree with me. It's just, it's not that soft. It's not dry or damaged or anything, it just isn't as soft as other peoples hair.

Does UG have any advice on getting softer hair? Preferably without buying a special product, unless it's a shampoo or conditioner.

BTW, right now I use Garnier Fructis. It works good, but my hair isn't as soft as I'd like it.

Please help.
Buy a Hair Masque.

It come sin a little pot, its like uber strong conditioner. works wonders on my hair.
pretty much any good "bed head" conditioner will work wonders. my girlfriend works at this fancy salon and she's always bringing me awesome bed head stuff.
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
ye, a conditioner does help

Edit: basicly, leave the conditioner in your hair as long as possible.

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
Last edited by Stingz. at Oct 9, 2007,
If you already have a conditioner, try leaving it in longer.
For example:
Use and rinse your shampoo.
Work the conditioner into your hair.
Use your soap on the rest of your body and rinse.
Rinse the conditioner out.

That's what I do. It's worth a try, at least.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
PM x/tuhlia?

But yeah, i have the same problem... but kinda worse, mine looks greasy, even though i wash it twice a day, people think i dont wash it.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Shampoo it twice! Wash your hair once, then again straight after. Then slap some conditioner on and off you go
Condition it, then apply some leave-in conditioner after it is a bit drier.

I feel so delightfully metrosexual posting in this thread. Which may not be a good thing.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Simple. Easy. One-step.

Smells great, too. (like orange sherbet.)
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by JackalUK
Shampoo it twice! Wash your hair once, then again straight after. Then slap some conditioner on and off you go

Exactly. My boss was a hairdresser for 30 years, and that's what he told me. Shampoo twice, then conditioner once. And I've got some hair moisturiser as well which makes it smell and feel good
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
PM x/tuhlia?

But yeah, i have the same problem... but kinda worse, mine looks greasy, even though i wash it twice a day, people think i dont wash it.

That's your problem you wash it far too often it becomes greasy a lot more quickly than if you washed it less.

Besides twice a day is just a ridiculous hassle.
Quote by fartpoopqueef
I have pretty cool hair, i think. A lot of people agree with me. It's just, it's not that soft. It's not dry or damaged or anything, it just isn't as soft as other peoples hair.

Does UG have any advice on getting softer hair? Preferably without buying a special product, unless it's a shampoo or conditioner.

BTW, right now I use Garnier Fructis. It works good, but my hair isn't as soft as I'd like it.

Please help.

you should have directed this towards the girls of UG in the title

Joico's K Pak Reconstructer (shampoo & conditioner) works miracles.

Cheaper and amazing smelling is American Crew Citrus Mint shampoo & conditioner
Hit it with a hammer.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Huh, I use Garnier and my hair is ridiculously soft. People just want to touch it all the time.

I personally dont like conditioners because it just makes my hair look greasy.

Maybe I just have slightly oil hair which in turn keeps it soft...
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Try the new pearl protein stuff, I think it's Garnier or something. It's pink, Then shampoo like twice and condition like. Also straighten it and brush a lot. That's what I do, anyway.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by ShredtoBed
Huh, I use Garnier and my hair is ridiculously soft. People just want to touch it all the time.

I personally dont like conditioners because it just makes my hair look greasy.

Maybe I just have slightly oil hair which in turn keeps it soft...

Everyone has oily hair. Conditioner is used to replace the oils that you wash out with shampoo.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Condtioner works.
I use baby shampoo as well.
purple nurple!

Quote by RizzoWashburn
dis meanz yoo can make three p0nx albums!

One that sucks, one that doesn't suck, and one that nobody cares about!
Quote by fartpoopqueef

Please help.

Yay for Garnier Fructis! Try the Sleek and Shine kind along with conditioner every once in a while. Also, try to air dry it when you can. However, there are people out there that simply have coarse hair. I've got it easy since my hair is thin, fine, and shoulder length.
Quote by Toilets
Let it dry naturally.

Works for me.

Always blow dry your hair.

My hair always go frizzy if I don't blow dry it. And it becomes greasy after 5 hours.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Do you use the Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine? I use that all the time, and it makes my hair really soft. I use a buttload of the conditioner, though, and I comb it through my hair so it gets evenly distributed. And then I let it soak into my hair for a couple of minutes before I wash it out.

Works for me.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
you wont get softer hair without buying new shampoo and conditioner.

also do not use a blow dryer ever.
Quote by auditorylove
NEVER blow dry. use a flat iron if neccessary. heat=damage

Flat irons cause just as much damage, and possibly more so, because the heat is both higher and more centralized.

But they do make your hair softer. If you gotz the cash to spare, buy a Chi. They're amazing.
My hairs so soft and in such good condition that i'm currently a competition hair model so listen up...

every time you shower (once a day preferably)...

1. shampoo once or twice

2. condition it once

3. dry it as much as you can with the towel THEN blow dry it if you must

4. Only straighten it on special occasions ie. not every day
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
toni and guy works for my hair. or there's a honey one from the bodyshop which smells more gorgeous than anything else ever and which makes my hair REALLY soft. it's more expensive though but worth it

Quote by samtewari
My hairs so soft and in such good condition that i'm currently a competition hair model so listen up...

every time you shower (once a day preferably)...

1. shampoo once or twice

2. condition it once

3. dry it as much as you can with the towel THEN blow dry it if you must

4. Only straighten it on special occasions ie. not every day

yeah, shampooing too much strips your hair of its natural oils which make it soft, so i wouldn't shampoo too much too often. i'm not saying it doesn't work for this guy, just that it might not work for everyone else
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Last edited by esther_mouse at Oct 9, 2007,
Quote by K-Lizzle
Flat irons cause just as much damage, and possibly more so, because the heat is both higher and more centralized.

But they do make your hair softer. If you gotz the cash to spare, buy a Chi. They're amazing.

Not MORE damage if you let your hair air dry first, which I meant by no blow dry. It's more heat, but if you do it right and only go over each piece just once, its less. You can also turn the setting to low, in which its less heat. If you blow dry AND flat iron well then.. good luck. I do that, but I'm a girl and can handle these things. My hair is awesome.
i have this spray on conditioner stuff that i spray on my hair after im done washing it and then i towel dry it. its also smells awesome.

Jack my swag
Quote by auditorylove
NEVER blow dry. use a flat iron if neccessary. heat=damage

This is a myth perpetuated by people who don't know the proper way to use a blow dryer.

STOP when the exterior is just dry.
There will be enough moisture remaining inside the hair shaft to prevent damage.

Overdrying WILL cause damage, but you need not overdry.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by auditorylove
I do that, but I'm a girl and can handle these things. My hair is awesome.

Me too, on all three counts.

I usually blow-dry it first, to get some of the kinks out (because my hair is naturally kinky), and then I go over it with a flat-iron.

Yeah, it kind of fries it, but that's where conditioner comes in.
OH MY GOD!!! im not the only man using hair conditioner? woo hoo...

and yeah hair conditioner will give you softer hair

but my problem is that...im losing a lot of hair...i mean a whole lot of it...any ideas how to prevent it?
I use conditioner. Garnier Fructis for dry and damaged hair, both shampoo and conditioner.

i let my hair dry naturally this morning, and it worked a little bit. tomorrow i will shampoo twice, and see if that helps.

i have some Suave Sleek Smoothing Cream, that you put in your hair and leave it. It makes my hair greasy, not soft.

Maybe if i get some of that shampoo that straightens hair. cause my hair is very wavy and stuff.

my hair is kind of like that, but a little bit longer in the back, and more flippy at the bottom.
Page 1 of 2