Do you guys ever just play one day and think you are absolute sh*t? Like I am better then most people I know and i've been playing one year and 6mths I even picked up "Villanova Junction" today in about an hour so why do I sound so bad to myself? Infact i can play better then people that get lessons and have been playing 3 years, am i just an emo? (lol)

Also how many years do you think you have to play to be good? I reckon two years experience is a good player.

Give your opinions.

Nathan.
talent cannot be defined by a length of time. there are many other factors. "good" is also highly subjective.

for example, some guys can shred like noone's business, but to me it just sounds like static after a point. a jingly mess of stuff. but to others, this is a goal.

but yes, i agree. sometimes i feel as if im terrible and the last three years were a waste. and i wake up the next day and think to myself "wow, did i really just play that flawlessly?". it happens.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
the more i work on stuff, the more i realize is out there, and the more i suck with the more i learn. it's an evil cycle.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
ye, some days, i wake up play and be like "holy ****, i couldnt do that yesterday" and yes every1 has times wen there just absolutely crap one day, just take that day of playing, and itll all come back the day after

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
Quote by DougC84
the more i work on stuff, the more i realize is out there, and the more i suck with the more i learn. it's an evil cycle.

this is life.

it may be hard to accept that you'll never reach an end but it's even harder to keep going despite this.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by DougC84

Agreed. I'll play really good for about a week, but slowly going down hill. Then I'll have just one horrible day, and the next will suddenly be awesome. Give the cycle 7 days to repeat. Of course, I sometimes wonder if you're really suddenly dropping off in your playing ability for a short time, or its a psychological thing where you THINK you aren't playing nearly as well as you were, even if it really is just a minor lack of inspiration one day gets you thinking your playing sucks, and then the next day you can think again and spin something really sweet, and think you're suddenly back playing awesome.
Quote by CJRocker
Agreed. I'll play really good for about a week, but slowly going down hill. Then I'll have just one horrible day, and the next will suddenly be awesome. Give the cycle 7 days to repeat. Of course, I sometimes wonder if you're really suddenly dropping off in your playing ability for a short time, or its a psychological thing where you THINK you aren't playing nearly as well as you were, even if it really is just a minor lack of inspiration one day gets you thinking your playing sucks, and then the next day you can think again and spin something really sweet, and think you're suddenly back playing awesome.

I do it a lot. Inspiration plays a huge part. I also find good gear helps me heaps, I get really in the zone when I can crank my amp in band performances and wah to death. I also can't play anything well on school guitars which I am playing half the time so that's a bit of a knock.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Yeah and also i find when i'm tired or just fiddleing with the volume down i suck.. but cranked i sound way cool maybe thats because my amp has tubes lol...