i'm doing a special subjects investigation and i've chosen this as a title
just wondered what you guys think?

i think i'm going to go down the route of explaining how the high gain amp developed (eddie van halen messing with marshalls and developing the 5150)

what other aspects of modern music have had an impact on amps?
and how have amps evolved over recent times to keep up with it?

any other ideas for content would be great!

thanks
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
i think randall smith of mesa invented the cascading gain high gain amp, so you'd probably want to look into that.

also you want to work the word "t3h br00talz" into your essay at least a couple hundred times...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You could sub-title it: "And Dimebag's Solid State assault on Tone."
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^personally i like dimebag's tone..unlike some other ppl lol
and to make this post not spam: for ur last 2 questions, maybe (this might not be true though) artist endorsements have become more important, and easier to advertise (via internet, tv, etc) so amp (companies) have to keep up with that by endorsing popular guitarists
maybe u could include that?
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Last edited by musicfreak003 at Oct 9, 2007,
Also may want to explore during the mainstreaming of metal music how formerly respectable amp and guitar manufacturers have subcontracted their names to shoddy amp and guitar builders to maximize corporate profits at the expense of naive consumers. Cases in point: Zakk Wylde MG's, Tony Iommi Epiphone SG's (not so bad, but overhyped)
on the subject of endorsements i could write about signature amps too i suppose

dimebag
richie blackmore
kerry king
zakk wylde
steve vai
joe satriani

etc etc
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
Quote by Dave_Mc
also you want to work the word "t3h br00talz" into your essay at least a couple hundred times...

+1bajliion
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd look into Mesa- they started out as modded fenders IIRC and turned into something very, very different. Then there's the whole dual rectifier design (again, originated by fender but used for a completely different purpose in the Dual Rec).
You could say that most high gain amp's circuitr are similar to the Soldano SLO.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Roc8995
I'd look into Mesa- they started out as modded fenders IIRC and turned into something very, very different. Then there's the whole dual rectifier design (again, originated by fender but used for a completely different purpose in the Dual Rec).

(i was only joking about t3h br00talz, by the way )
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i think randall smith of mesa invented the cascading gain high gain amp, so you'd probably want to look into that.

Esp after several of t3h bEEr boTTTL3z. Oh, yeah. Make sure you spell it right.

Cheers to cascading gain!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011

wasn't it something like someone brought randall smith a broken fender amp or something, where the preamp was overdriving wildly? and he got the inspiration from that? I heard/read that somewhere, but I could be way off...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?