Anyone know where I can get bass guitar parts? In the UK preferably.. I know sites to get the electronics, I'm thinking of unfinished bodies (shaped and routered, no electronics or paint) and necks. Might seem an odd request but I like to customise everything, so I don't see much point in buying a a whole bass. I've found a site in America, but everything they have is pretty expensive - if I'm gonna have to spend $400 buying a body and neck, then I might as well just buy a Fender, replace the electronics and redo the paintjob..

Cheers folks!
Quote by even_flow
Anyone know where I can get bass guitar parts? In the UK preferably.. I know sites to get the electronics, I'm thinking of unfinished bodies (shaped and routered, no electronics or paint) and necks. Might seem an odd request but I like to customise everything, so I don't see much point in buying a a whole bass. I've found a site in America, but everything they have is pretty expensive - if I'm gonna have to spend $400 buying a body and neck, then I might as well just buy a Fender, replace the electronics and redo the paintjob..

Cheers folks!

That was what I was thinking when I started reading this. Buying unfinished necks and bodies isn't cheap. If you want a cheaper way to go for the fodder, with some decent quality, this might interest you:

http://www.rondomusic.com/bassguitars4.html
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Thanks dude.
Don't get quite why unfinished bodies & necks cost more, but I guess it's just cause of less mass production.. oh well, modding finished ones it is.

Cool link too, gotta love that pirate bass..