Hey guys, i'm new and i was just wondering if anyone here knows any good websites with power chords so i can practice of them. when i search for them it comes up on like wikipedia and says what a power chord is, when i already know what one is lol....

thanks for any advice....Mike
ahh rite ok cheers, any other suggestions guys?

and also i would like know if there is any sites where it gives me the power chords to learn songs rather than the ones that jst say what a power chord is..

thnx mike
Quote by MikeRuscoe

and also i would like know if there is any sites where it gives me the power chords to learn songs rather than the ones that jst say what a power chord is..

thnx mike

yeah dude this one does that lol. just search a song it will tell you the chords. if you mean something else re-phrase please.
Quote by MikeRuscoe

thnx mike

Power chords are the same all over. For example, a G power chord is:
A|-5-
E|-3-

A G# power chord is
A|-6-
E|-4-

See? Same chord, only moved one fret up. You can move it cross-strings, too. A C power chord:
D|-5-
A|-3-
E|---

You can't move this shape past to the 3rd (G) string, though. Then you'll have to move the highest note one fret up. The root note (which defines the name of the power chord) is the lowest of the two notes. You can also add an extra finger:
D|-5-
A|-5-
E|-3-

That's still a G power chord.
I'm a communist. Really.
Blink 182 uses power chords a lot if you're looking for songs to play.
ESP LTD MH-50
Martinez MPC-1C-NGL
Laney LV300H
i must admit i have been a little slow lol and now understand the power chords on the tabs...
thnx guys

Mike