just wanted to share my thought about them...and I'm talking about good riddance the band not the song(for all of you greenday flamers)...

great lyrics,great energy,great guitar and vocals!!!
to bad I didn't get to see them before they broke

anybody out there that likes them???
oh i dunno, i don't deny that their last album was on the pop-punk side, but their earlier stuff (operation phoenix, etc.) could probably be classes as hardcore punk....although i have heard them being classed as "melodic hardcore"

Whatever, they're a pretty decent band, with a few good songs here and there

I prefer Only Crime to be honest (their vocalists project with Bill Stevenson and co)
actually. i think good riddance are punk rock ala nofx, bad religion + no use for a name
Last edited by recklessnick at Oct 9, 2007,
hell yaeh good riddance is an awesome band, i got to see them in phoenix just over a year ago.
Quote by lavazza
^not bad, not good, but aren´t they maybe pop-punk?

Even if you'd call them pop-punk I'd wouldn't lump them will all those other "radio friendly" bands.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I didn't find anything popish in them...especially their older material...
Quote by lavazza
of course not....pop-punk can be good as well, for example the Descenents and they´re never on the radio

Exactly. And the Queers.

Vote for Axeslash: he supports the Queers.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by lavazza
I never listened to the Queers, but to Reagan Youth

Two great bands in one statement!

HELL YES! I like Good Riddance, especially their songs Out Of Mind, Letters Home and Shame. It's too bad they broke up, I really wanted to see them.
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab