...sooooo, theyre (allegedly) raising the UK driving age to 18 in april. im 17 in june (:sad so i thoughts i'd get a moped instead.

bank balance is £900. i need a 50cc scooter, a provisional. insurance, cbt, and a new lid.

costs =

provisional; £45
cbt: £100
insurance: £330
other gear (helmet, lock etc.): £100

this leaves £325 for my hog.

any advice? my dad's been riding for 10 years (but stopped about 2 years ago) and i have a job wouth about £40 a week

Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I don't think they are raising the driving age, just a rumour.

If you have any article saying they will, I will happily admit i was wrong
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Don't get a moped, you'll only get royally mocked for riding around on a hairdryer with wheels.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Mopeds are like fat chicks fun to ride until your friend's find out.
so if they raise the age to 18, what about all the people who are 17 and have passed?

smells like bs to me
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
i've heard about that

i think its just a rumour going around.
if they raise the smoking buying age to 18, they wont raise the driving age in the same couple of years, you should be safe.

i hope they dont anyway..i'm 17 in april
They aren't raising the driving age, nor are they raising the drinking age for that matter. They aren't raising the voting age, the age of consent or anything.

Quit spreading these silly rumours.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles
They aren't raising the driving age, nor are they raising the drinking age for that matter. They aren't raising the voting age, the age of consent or anything.

rankles, i officially love you
Quote by Ed Hunter
Don't get a moped, you'll only get royally mocked for riding around on a hairdryer with wheels.

I agree whole-heartedly, if the age does increase, wait another year while saving, then you have a huge bulk of cash for a nice car and maybe abit more to cover a few weeks petrol/insurance or something.
Quote by Rankles

i wasnt trying to spread the rumour, i just wanted moped advice

in response to just about everyone else; you get near to 100 mpg, and the insurance is about an eigth of that of a car. its just an alltogether cheaper affair

Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Do you mean "strangling" as opposed to "stradling?"

Because, as far as i'm aware they are two very different things, unless you like it extra kinky.
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
I don't think there's anything wrong with a moped. It beats walking, and it's a hell of a lot more economical than a car. People who make fun of mopeds just don't have anything better to do than make fun of people who make smart decisions.

I'm a motorcyclist, btw, I have a 1982 Honda CB650, and I don't look down on moped riders.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
i thought it was only kids born in '92 that would miss out on driving at 17?
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.