im thinking about buying a new guitar because the fret board on mine is becoming....well ill just call it "rubbed out" and i need a guitar but unfortunately i have a limited five hundred dollar budget.any body have some suggestions.
i was looking at some peavey semi hollows and some of the cheaper fenders but im not sure, whats best for super fast solos and lots of bends, im looking for something with a tremolo bridge too. basically what choice of fret board wood will stand up to years of bends and such?
Rocking the world
One solo at a time
If I were you I'd look at either and Epiphone Les Paul for around $500, an Ibanez around $500, or a cheap strat for $500. Depending on what type of music you like. I have an imitation strat and a Gibson Les Paul and they are both great for bending. The Gibson is a little better though for the bending, but strats are good and both will stand up to the punishment. Super fast solos I'd look at the Ibanez
Last edited by dutch5367 at Oct 9, 2007,
bends = fender deluxe players strat
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
if you're interested in semi hollow bodies, don't go peavey. the rockingham is nice, but the stock strings are too tight which = strings breaking when trying to bend.
i know from experience from playing one in a store
didn't go well, now that i remember
ive played a couple of ibanez, and they do have a pretty slick neck but they arent exactly what im looking for.
so tell me some more about these imitation les pauls...
i know they probably wont live up to the real thing but can they take the abuse of bending strings real good?
and they are about five hundred bucks?
and you said epiphone makes them?
hmmm.
sounds like some thing worth looking into
is there a place at guitar center i can find that at?
Rocking the world
One solo at a time
wow...looking at these epiphone les pauls really amuses me they seem to be pretty good so far, only one person has trashed at it but some people are just biased asses.
It looks really good, so far the only difference on it seems to be the name at the top and the finish color, and the pick ups but i can change those...
wow these imitation les pauls really do look like they can play, and according to about seventy people, they sound kinda like a real les paul....hmmm maybe a could get a gibson sticker and put it over the epiphone..lol
Rocking the world
One solo at a time
Well I'll tell you what the better Epiphons are good in comparison to the low end Gibsons, and the great thing about the Epiphones is that later on you can swap Gibson Pickups and stuff for the stock Epiphone parts, if need be. Epiphone can hold up though. If you want just get some upgraded strings with it.
Last edited by dutch5367 at Oct 9, 2007,
Quote by djmay71
if you're interested in semi hollow bodies, don't go peavey. the rockingham is nice, but the stock strings are too tight which = strings breaking when trying to bend.
i know from experience from playing one in a store
didn't go well, now that i remember

Of all things you should consider when buying a new guitar, the fact whether you like the stock strings or not is by far the very least important.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
If you're gonna be doing alot of bending and you're really looking closely at an Epiphone LP, I advise you to watch the bridge saddles closely. They are NOT top quality. I do alot of bending and the one I had actually wore the bridge saddles down to where they developed nicks and were cutting the strings. I replaced them with Teflon saddles and they worked fine up to the day I sold it.
Quote by Kirkcrimson
im thinking about buying a new guitar because the fret board on mine is becoming....well ill just call it "rubbed out" and i need a guitar but unfortunately i have a limited five hundred dollar budget.any body have some suggestions.
i was looking at some peavey semi hollows and some of the cheaper fenders but im not sure, whats best for super fast solos and lots of bends, im looking for something with a tremolo bridge too. basically what choice of fret board wood will stand up to years of bends and such?

Wait, what kind of guitar is your current one, anyway?