well,

Ive been playing guitar for awhile now and I want to get a seven string guitar. Ive been looking at Schecter Jeff Loomis sig guitar; its got everything that I want in a guitar; Tremelo, low B and HO pickups, however, I just wanted to converse with the pros on this because Ive been playing just the six stringers since 2001. I play through a Mesa Boogie triple rectifier with a Marshall 1960a and/or Vader 412 cab. So... I want some suggestions for a excellent 7 string in the "under $1200 catagory". By the way I play tech, melodic black metal.

thanks guys,

rob
Rig:
Schecter Jeff Loomis C7FR
Austin les Paul 1984 Custom
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Marshall 1960A 4x12" cab
Vader 412 cab
ISP Decimator
www.Carvin.com

Customize one to your own specifications.

By far the best value.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
ok, well, for your price range, you can get a decent schecter (i'm hoping to get the Omen ot Damien 7 soon) and a tube amp if yoy don't have one already. (btw: never ask here what kind of amp to get for a 7-string. i went to my music store in town and they said you wouldn't need a tube to play a 7 stringer, but it would make the sound richer if you did have a tube)
He has a triple rectifier...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
He has a triple rectifier...

+1
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
I'm not huge on 7 strings, but two really stick out: The Schecter Jeff Loomis and the Jackson Christian Old Wolber (feel free to correct me on the spelling of his name). The Jackson though doesn't have a trem, so I don't know if that may kill it for you.
totally for got about the carvin thing, ill look into it
Rig:
Schecter Jeff Loomis C7FR
Austin les Paul 1984 Custom
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Marshall 1960A 4x12" cab
Vader 412 cab
ISP Decimator
Good 7 Strings:
Jackson COW
ESP Steph Carpenter Sig
Schecter jeff loomis sig
Schecter C7 Hellraiser
Agile Interceptor/septor
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez S7320

If you think you can afford it, then blackmachine and carvins are great too.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350