Well iv just bought an Ibanez Rg350DX and i really like everything about it except it took me best part of a day to restring it with different gauge strings, and then at rehearsals i needed to drop tune which left me stranded. Im gutted i could fix the floyd but it would be a shame im afraid its going to have to move on so looks like im going to have to sell it at a loss, but i need something more convenient, urgg sorry about that rant. lol Carl
yarg. have you considered a tremol-no? not as easy to use as the videos suggest, but it lets you block the trem for changing tunings... then when you go back to your original tuning you can unblock and use the floyd again...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Can you still take it back? I would take it back and exchange it for a string thru guitar.
floyd roses aren't designed for switching tunings. ever. and changing things around only makes it take longer.

pick a gauge of string and a tuning and set it up for that. if you have that much of a problem with it, get a shop to lock it so it will only divebomb, or completely lock it. the bridges on the 350dx sucks anyway, locking it down will give you more sustain and a more predictable tuning experience.

btw: restringing a floyd takes about an hour, at least for me, on a normal basis. it's just a part of having a floating tremolo that sucks.

edit: i'm with Dave_MC too, tremol-no's are pretty decent, at least what i've seen of them.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
look up this tool called a d-tuna. you clip it to the low e string at the bridge and you just pull i to stay in e and push it to drop to d. only good for drop d tuning on floyd roses tho.
^ problem is you have to make sure your trem is dive-only for that... and once you do that, you can retune the trem normally at any rate... only real advantage is if you need to jump from E to D quickly...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ problem is you have to make sure your trem is dive-only for that... and once you do that, you can retune the trem normally at any rate... only real advantage is if you need to jump from E to D quickly...

To add to that, your trem needs to be non recessed, plus it probably wouldn't work well with the Lo Pro trem on the Ibanez TS has.
Or buy a pedal that lets you switch tunings like a Whammy, doubt you would wanna shell out 200 JUST for that though.
^^ (to CJ) it should work with a recessed trem if you can block it somehow (and you don't mind raising the action a bit)... but good call on the low profile thing. it won't work with the edge III... i missed that.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hey i'm kinda hating myself for getting a 350DX because the trem is total crap- something I was told, and decided to ignore.
(stupid me)
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia