Heya folks,

i borrought a Digitech Whammy from a friend of mine... It's a pretty cool pedal. Think i'm gonna buy it... but just one question...

I'm NOT a dimebag wannabe, but i wanna know which option he uses on the pedal, and how to get that sound?... (like in the songs: Save Me (damageplan) and Suicide Note pt. 2 (pantera))
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
I may be wrong, but aren't they pretty much divebombs?
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
the pitch goes up.... dive's go down...

and when t pedal is all the way down... i can still hear pitch-changes, i have to switch off the pedal to get a normal sound.... is this ok?
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
Quote by Aplanken
the pitch goes up.... dive's go down...

and when t pedal is all the way down... i can still hear pitch-changes, i have to switch off the pedal to get a normal sound.... is this ok?

thats how they work...
Well I think you either have it on a harmonising setting (the ones with teh LED on the left) or the pedal needs recalibrating. There are instructions for how to do this in the manual. It would need doing if the sensor is not detecting the pedal being in the resting position as it should do.

If you plug the pedal in whilst holding down the footswitch on the left, the LEDs (one or two) should start blinking and not stop. Now, move the main pedal into the furthest back position and then all the way forward (to the postions where you want the pedal to have no change and most change in pitch repectively). Now press teh footswitch again and you should be sorted.
dimebag uses the tremolo bar. he picks harmonics and then use the bar to raise/low pitch, creating that crazy effect