Ok just wondering whats the audiable differences between the EHX big muff and little big muff. Is it purely size, and do both have AC adapters, and are they true bypass.

This is in relationtoin to a thread i posted a few days ago, to which noone relplied, basically im looking for a sabbath driving sound, and will fuzz get me that sound. If so would the BM be good on my DSL401. I love the distortion of the DSL401, but wana make it sound a bit more drivy sounidng. Im wondering this, and need urgent replies, because i need to order a new wah switch of watford valves, and there selling LBMs for £35, which is a reasonable price, so wondering if i should buy it aswell. Because minimum order value is £10 and switch is only £6
Apparently the LBM sounds a little more vintage but I haven't actually heard it.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
i love the LBM, more vintage voiced and smaller, and true bypass. With the sustain dialed back and the tone knob near 11:30-12:15 it nails Sabbath
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
have you got any samples? And would i use it clean ( i assume or OD channel) and how much of a difference would it make?
The little big muff is really nice. Its got true bypass, and can basically NAIL the fru tone w/ a strat, and sabbath w/ buckers.

Works great for gilmour too.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
IF youve got a tube amp, OCD on the OD channel will be real beefy and loverly, one of the best OD pedals out there IMO (unless you go UBER boutique)

The LBM is still quite rocking though, still got beef.
hmmm, well what would get me a drivey sabbath tone, like in the wizard etc or w/e. Not there so poppy sound such as iron man paranoid etc. And BTW hakanu the fulltone clyde is immense, except my switch was dodgy when it came from america
Dont I know it about the wah, its the best wah for clean all the way up to classic rock, maybe even scratching modern rock.

Well im not sure about the OCD doing sabbath, tbh im not really familiar with their stuff, I havnt heard too much. But as people have said the LBM can do it...I hate to say it, but try it at a store? they should stock it in most places.
LBM nails Sabbath as previously stated. I'm talking a wide range. I've mimicked Iron Man, Paranoid, Sweet Leaf, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath amongst others, and this is with single coils. I've never tried to replicate Iommi's sound on The Wizard. But with a DSL and the sustain set low on the LBM, it seems easily attainable. What guitar do you have?
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
i got an epi iommi with gibson iommi pups, ididnt buy this guitar because it was his, just cause it was easy to hold of lefty, and it was really nice the one i played, played better than the gibson (think i just go lucky).

Anyway are the LBM and BM same sound? Because i read BM has stereo something or the other, and both are true bypass arent they, and both have AC imput. ONly differecne is size right?
Big Muff-
Mono output
Buffered Bypass (Hardly noticeable at all)
3mm AC input (small plug)
More modern sounding, but still classic

Little Big Muff-
Mono Output
True Bypass
Standard BOSS stlye AC input
More vintage sound (Based on the original big muff)

They sound almost the same. Try both for yourself and see what you like. If pedal board real estate is an issue, LBM is a solid choice
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
well i prefer the sound of the original BM, so LMB seems the choice for me, will try it some time, then hopefully buy it
so could i use the LBM on the gain channel or is like most distortion pedals, and should be used best clean>?
I think the muff sounds better on the clean rather than the OD channel, but then again Iv only tried them a few times in shops.
right just wondering if anyone has sound samples? Ive looking on youtube etc, and searched the net, just wondering if someone could play some sabbath style stuff.
If not well..... thanks for looking:P
i'll try my best to get something up. I doubt my computers up for it right now
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
ahh quality dont maTTER that much its just an idea, and thx dude its greatly apprreciated, anyway give us a bell when ur ready
BTW does the bloke outa wolfmother use a LBM for unicorn, and dimension, cause i love that sound especially in unicorn