Page 1 of 2
It's all good! (with exception of Blackthorn, white lightening, etc) so I made a thread. My favourite is Scrumpy no doubt, bloody best cider you can get. If you ever get the chance, try to get the farmhouse variety. We used to sell them in plastic bottles (really cheaply) down at Cheddar Gorge (yes, where Cheddar comes from you crazy yanks) gift shop I used to work at.

Also heard good stuff about (suprisingly) organic Sainsburys. Apparantly that's really nice.

What's your word?
WTF?

Blackthorns not that bad at all.

Worst is Magners. Look at it.. what is that ****, lucozade? chemicals? "serve over ice" my arse.

I recommend various organic ciders meself.
Somerset pear cider ftw .
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Cider fad is the worst fad ever.

Pouring cider over ice, what the hell. Even Strongbow and Olde English advertise using ice now. ****ing joke. Cider is for kids and alcoholics, noone else. Dress it up all you like, even the so called good stuff stinks of piss.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Appreciation

Afraid, Scrumpy is fucking terrible. It has a really spirity after-taste.

I dig Strongbow (the used to sponsor Hearts. The actual drink itself is awful) and Woodpecker because it is the hobo's choice. It's amazing.

Agree with Rankles. ^

Give me a Heineken or a Staropramen any time over all cider.

Beer > Cider.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Psst, go back to your holes

I've always been brought up with Cider opposed to Ale in my family. I've explored pretty much everything my tastebuds can venture, and I still perfer cider. In my house it's all apple juice and cider.

Worst is Magners. Look at it.. what is that ****, lucozade? chemicals? "serve over ice" my arse.

*sigh*
Bah, Westons cider owns all.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
I've always wanted to try Magners actually. Never got around to it because the last cider I tried (Scrumpy Jack?) tasted like it had already been drank a few times, by people with gonorrhea probably.
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
I've always wanted to try Magners actually. Never got around to it because the last cider I tried (Scrumpy Jack?) tasted like it had already been drank a few times, by people with gonorrhea probably.

Most likely not SJ, but normal Scrumpy maybe. Hard cider MUST be consumed rather quickly or it goes horrid.
Quote by Craigo
Most likely not SJ, but normal Scrumpy maybe. Hard cider MUST be consumed rather quickly or it goes horrid.

Oh really? Actually it was warm, and had been left open for a while on the kitchen top. Come to think of it, I wonder if people DID pee in it. Oh well, lesson learned

I still wanna check out Magners.
It's vile, and I don't get the hype about it. It's only underage teenagers and old homeless guys who like it.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Cider is awesome.

I love it all, apart from that Frosty Jack or whatever its called...

I even enjoy Strongbow when I cant get/ afford anything better.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Its quite depressing that cider and cider drinking has been ruined by the fad of teenagers and young adults getting pissed on it at the weekends. Half the stuff that people pass of a cider (eg, white lightening) is so far from what real cider tastes like.

Cider has got to be my favourite drink, our local cider, stowfords press, being my 1st choice, and there are many other local ciders that are real nice. The best stuff is from the small back-of-the-woods places, that know one but the locals know about.
The cider fad is really annoying. I used to drink cider every now and then, but I rarely drink it now - I just prefer beer.
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by Greentreejester
Its quite depressing that cider and cider drinking has been ruined by the fad of teenagers and young adults getting pissed on it at the weekends. Half the stuff that people pass of a cider (eg, white lightening) is so far from what real cider tastes like.

Cider has got to be my favourite drink, our local cider, stowfords press, being my 1st choice, and there are many other local ciders that are real nice. The best stuff is from the small back-of-the-woods places, that know one but the locals know about.

Backed.
I enjoy cider, though I try not to drink it too much in the one go cos it makes me ill.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
that sucks, i like cider sometimes but there aren't any local cider places around me :/ i only get tree top or one of those major ones.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Quote by cagnius
Appreciation

Afraid, Scrumpy is fucking terrible. It has a really spirity after-taste.

I dig Strongbow (the used to sponsor Hearts. The actual drink itself is awful) and Woodpecker because it is the hobo's choice. It's amazing.

Agree with Rankles. ^

Give me a Heineken or a Staropramen any time over all cider.

Beer > Cider.

Heineken... It's not worthy of the amazing title of "beer". In Holland, people look upon it as plain rubbish.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
I don't like people calling it a fad, without acknowleding any other drinking 'fads', such as poof juices a few years back, and now weak shots like apple sourz (admittedly mostly amongst women, but still).
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
cider is great, and so is lager. but lager and cider mixed is forking yummy.
gear
Fender highway 1 tele
v
Korg pitchblck
Zoom Uf-01
EHX Big Muff
EHX Russian Muff
Made By Mike fender blender
Mi Audio Crunch box
Malekko Ekko 616
Ibanez CS9
BYOC Flange
v
Fender 75

welsh?

FOR SALE: PEDALS
Quote by GreenDayChris
I like that pear stuff, Koppaberg

Koppaburg ftw! they sell it in ikea by the can! thats where i get mine
Funny, Americans all think Strongbow is like high-quality...

cause it's expensive here.
Who drinks cider anyway? It's beer, whiskey, vodka and absinthe.
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
Quote by Rankles
Cider fad is the worst fad ever.

Pouring cider over ice, what the hell. Even Strongbow and Olde English advertise using ice now. ****ing joke. Cider is for kids and alcoholics, noone else. Dress it up all you like, even the so called good stuff stinks of piss.

I know it really grinds my gears.

The good stuff IS decent though.
Quote by Craigo
Psst, go back to your holes

I've always been brought up with Cider opposed to Ale in my family. I've explored pretty much everything my tastebuds can venture, and I still perfer cider. In my house it's all apple juice and cider.

*sigh*

Sigh all you want but Magners is ****ing awful, there is a (brilliant) myspace page devoted to slagging it off.

Sure the advertising campaign is good, but it sucks!
http://****-right-off.blogspot.com/2007/04/cider-with-ice-can-****-right-off.html

Absolutely pisses on everyones opinion of "loving magners".

Why do you think it's served with "ice" anyway? Because it tastes of **** all/bad, so needs to be served cold.

Observe -

To be fair, it is a genius selling technique by the company. By flooding the cider with ice, punters aren’t aware that the actual main drink tastes thin, weak and pissy. Branded glasses and pint bottles make customers believe they’re buying into a fashionable new drink that no-one has tried before.

Yeah so I get passionate about this..
I like what I've tried but they really don't have much of a selection around here.
grow some balls and drink a real drink instead of old apple juice!

but seriously, cider = worst drink ever
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Craigo

Really, really true. I had some scrumpy a while ago and it tasted like rotten apple
cores, but it had been sitting around for quite a while.

But I'm really a fan of Bulmers Cider, Magners tastes a bit like mould, and it's Irish - I like to keep my cider local, I'm from Somerset - Strongbow is cheap sh it but I quite enjoy it and Blackthorn, Blackthorn is vile rotten unfresh apple bollocks, but I did have a wonderful night with 3 litres of it.

is there a cider appreciation group on UG? I might join.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
REAL cider from somerset pwns the shit out of anything else. All the people slagging off this fine beverage must of only tried pisswater strongbow or something.

Suppose I am brought up on it being from Somerset though

Oh and all those saying it's not a real mans drink or whatever, a bottle of Thatcher's Katy cider (7.4%abv) > Average bland Lager.

Although I also enjoy lager.

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
woodpecker all the way!

I'm sorry but that doesn't even deserve to be called Cider. It's basically apple Lucozade.
anyone tried Jaques??? made by strongbow, fruit cider, big bottle, costs bout 6 quid in the pub though tastes lush, kinda like an alcoholic UmBongo!!
Quote by Craigo
It's all good! (with exception of Blackthorn, white lightening, etc) so I made a thread. My favourite is Scrumpy no doubt, bloody best cider you can get. If you ever get the chance, try to get the farmhouse variety. We used to sell them in plastic bottles (really cheaply) down at Cheddar Gorge (yes, where Cheddar comes from you crazy yanks) gift shop I used to work at.

Also heard good stuff about (suprisingly) organic Sainsburys. Apparantly that's really nice.

What's your word?

Oh my god, White lightning is the worst.

The best is Magners followed by Olde english. Cider ftw.
Brothers pear cider is one of the most refreshing, tasty drinks I have ever had.

Festival strength being the best.
Page 1 of 2