Page 1 of 2
Hi guys!

I am a proud owner of BKP Nailbomb and the Mule humbackers, and I must tell you that they are absolutely great!! They are HAND MADE and are probably the best pickups that money can buy!
The guy named Tim does all the work, and you can mail him anytime. He will even tweak some pickups to your needs (for instance, my Nailbomb is Alnico VIII instead of Alnico V)

Here are some of my clips....

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9220
http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9196
http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9682

EDIT: this is NOT advertising!! Just wanted to share with you my experience with those pickups...

EDIT 2: allright.. I'll remove the links... If anyone needs some samples, PM me!

EDIT 3: putting up the links again, lol
Last edited by DV86 at Oct 9, 2007,
*Reeported*

Don't post or you'll be banned- like I was before I knew the rules =[
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Just why in the world would this be considered as advertising??? So many people on this forum wrote about their new pickups, pedals and so on! I don't get it!
Quote by mr_hankey
Alnico VIII? What the ****?

Yes it is Alnico 8... Alnico 8 magnets sound kinda like a blend of alnico and ceramic magnets....
Quote by DV86
Just why in the world would this be considered as advertising??? So many people on this forum wrote about their new pickups, pedals and so on! I don't get it!

To be fair, it does sound like you're advertising.
Guys, I really don't think he's advertising, I see no reason to report him. I know he's only recently signed up, so it looks a little suspicious, but who's to say he hasn't been reading the forums for a long time? Really, he's posted his own soundclips on the BKP forums, because he uses BKPs.

And as he says, plenty of people reccomend amps and pedals and guitars ; what are you going to do, report every name under the sun for saying something's good? He's recommending pickups that he uses and likes, and he's posting clips of them, so you can decide for yourself whether you like his tone or not. He's just voicing an opinion, something we all should be able to do freely around here.
^Dude, the typical advertising post looks almost exactly like that.

Anyway, I think you should put up the links again.
Quote by mr_hankey
^Dude, the typical advertising post looks almost exactly like that.

Anyway, I think you should put up the links again.

Tbh your SRV thread in the electric guitar forum could be called advertising. You're bringing publicity to a piece of gear, which is advertising. If you're going to report (or tell off) everyone who says their gear is great because 'such and such', you might as well ban half the forum.

Just my tuppence, like.
I wasn't being a bitch, just it's what you should do
You would get screwed for it anyhow
But yeah BKP's are the dogs. I'm getting some soonish

Quote by Don_Humpador
Tbh your SRV thread in the electric guitar forum could be called advertising. You're bringing publicity to a piece of gear, which is advertising. If you're going to report (or tell off) everyone who says their gear is great because 'such and such', you might as well ban half the forum.

Just my tuppence, like.

He had links and said "go here"
That's advertising
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Well, if moderators tell me so, I will remove the links.... So far I think its much better for everyone here to HEAR why I think they are great. So, I really think it doesn't hurt that advertising rule that much!

If you wish, I'll upload them somewhere else (download.com or wherever). I'm not here to advertise anything, just to give my opinion, and justify it.
Last edited by DV86 at Oct 9, 2007,
Quote by Don_Humpador

Just my tuppence, like.

IMO, no.

If my post would have been like this:
"Hi everyone,

I was just looking at the news on HC, and I saw that Fender was making a new SRV tribute strat. Like the other tribute guitars, this is a 100% replica, looks and tone, because the Fender Custom Shop have spent hundreds of hours on precisely replicating SRV's Lenny. I really want to buy one.
Go to this link for more information. Yada yada."

See the difference? Overly positive posts always raise suspicion.
Quote by mr_hankey
IMO, no.

If my post would have been like this:
"Hi everyone,

I was just looking at the news on HC, and I saw that Fender was making a new SRV tribute strat. Like the other tribute guitars, this is a 100% replica, looks and tone, because the Fender Custom Shop have spent hundreds of hours on precisely replicating SRV's Lenny. I really want to buy one.
Go to this link for more information. Yada yada."

See the difference? Overly positive posts always raise suspicion.

Overly positive, yes, it does raise suspicion. But you're still bringing unncessary attention to the SRV strat. My point was, that if you're laying into someone for posting links to a piece of equipment, you might as well lay into many, many other people who post links on all sorts of other things. All the assosciated groups, cults and 'users unite' people around here would say the same thing ; "Yeah, my Laney sounds great! You should really get one, in fact, let's put the link in the first post, so everyone can see how great they are", etc, Orange, Mesa, JCM, SG, Fender,.. The list goes on. If this guy is advertising, then so are the rest of them.
Quote by Don_Humpador
Overly positive, yes, it does raise suspicion. But you're still bringing unncessary attention to the SRV strat. My point was, that if you're laying into someone for posting links to a piece of equipment, you might as well lay into many, many other people who post links on all sorts of other things. All the assosciated groups, cults and 'users unite' people around here would say the same thing ; "Yeah, my Laney sounds great! You should really get one, in fact, let's put the link in the first post, so everyone can see how great they are", etc, Orange, Mesa, JCM, SG, Fender,.. The list goes on. If this guy is advertising, then so are the rest of them.

"Unnecessary attention"? I'm letting UGers know that it exists, and my post was fairly neutral (more negative than anything else).

By the way, I never accused him of advertising, I just said it looked very much like it.

How about we stop spamming up this thread?
They sound pretty fair actually.
But it sounds like your guitar is out of tune.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by guitaristclass
They sound pretty fair actually.
But it sounds like your guitar is out of tune.

Ahahahaha, true! but my guitar wasn't exactly "of tune" on that solo.... It's was the strings! THEY WERE OLD!
^^€150+ for a HB for me
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Irishman of the Laney Cult
Quote by Galapogos
Too bad they're like $150 USD per pickup.

Are you sure they aren't $250 instead???

Quote by plankermaxx
^^€150+ for a HB for me

Thats more like it!
Quote by DV86

Thats more like it!

For one pickup on musictoyz.com its $150 USD
Quote by Galapogos
For one pickup on musictoyz.com its $150 USD

Wow! It really is! Well, you Americans always seem to have lower prices up to 50 %
Quote by DV86
Wow! It really is! Well, you Americans always seem to have lower prices up to 50 %

Yeah but you get better deals on stuff like Laneys,and Engls.I wouldnt pay that much money for pickups.I would rather buy DiMarzios.
A bit over priced in the US, but they are sure well worth it.

To be honest, you're not going to hear a huge difference unless you play two guitars side by side or if you have a great ear. After playing my guitar (which has Mules) and then playing another, it's day and night.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
A bit over priced in the US, but they are sure well worth it.

To be honest, you're not going to hear a huge difference unless you play two guitars side by side or if you have a great ear. After playing my guitar (which has Mules) and then playing another, it's day and night.

+1
*I'm assuming that since this hasn't been closed, that the mods have decided it's not advertising, and as such, it's safe to post*

Quote by Galapogos
Yeah but you get better deals on stuff like (a) Laneys,and Engls.I wouldnt pay that much money for pickups.I would rather buy DiMarzios.

(a) yeah, alright, slightly cheaper

(b) not really, engls are the same price, if not cheaper, in the US, than in the UK.

On a very few things, the UK gets a better deal... maybe like 20% cheaper. Stuff like marshall, laney, orange etc. But on the vast majority of stuff, the US is cheaper. By a wide margin (in several instances, more than 50% cheaper).

Also, BKP's are very nice pickups.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Damn I can't wait! My dad has my Alnivo IV Mules, just that I won't get them until my bday (on Monday, so nto a logn wait)...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Nice advertising mate. Would anyone who just wanted to review the pickups say Bullsh*t like this?

Quote by DV86

I am a proud owner of ..

Quote by DV86

They are HAND MADE..

Quote by DV86

The guy named Tim does all the work, and you can mail him anytime. He will even tweak some pickups to your needs (for instance, my Nailbomb is Alnico VIII instead of Alnico V)

No, he wouldnt. Someone who wanted to comment on their purchase would bring out the good points of it, possibly the bad points and possibly some samples. NOT LIKE YOU, you just coughed general brand name hyping b*ll**** and praised the company. Thats seriously un cool, dude. Nothing personal, but I just despise garbage posts like those.
Last edited by 1337void at Oct 10, 2007,
Alnico 8?! I'm GAS-ing for a Warpig with Alnico 8 and a distressed gold cover!
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
Quote by 1337void
Nice advertising mate. Would anyone who just wanted to review the pickups say Bullsh*t like this?

No, he wouldnt. Someone who wanted to comment on their purchase would bring out the good points of it, possibly the bad points and possibly some samples. NOT LIKE YOU, you just coughed general brand name hyping b*ll**** and praised the company. Thats seriously un cool, dude. Nothing personal, but I just despise garbage posts like those.

I did give links to some samples!!! And yes, I admit, maybe I did over praise them! But it doesn't mean that I'm advertising! If my post made you angry, well man, I'm truly sorry! I just wanted to say that I really like them!

And as for that part "best pickups money can buy", well, they are HAND WOUND dude!! DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan aren't! I'm not saying they are bad - I like them, and I like many artist that use them! But as I was saying, you don't get them hand wound when you buy them at the store!
Quote by 1337void

dude he's not advertising. he made another thread at the BKP forum saying that people here accused him of advertising.

I agree that this post had a lot of the warning signs, but even a casual read of the post, the links etc., would show it's not advertising. Gushing review of a new BKP fan? Yup. Advertising? Nope, because everyone is allowed to say what they like about products in these forums. Close this thread, and you're basically saying no-one can say they like stuff.

Also, DV86, tim isn't the only one making BKP's, he has a few guys working with him.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by DV86

I think I paid ~$330 shipped for my Nailbomb set. I did see one website advertising outrageous prices on them, but shop around and you'll find some better deals.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Dave_Mc
Also, DV86, tim isn't the only one making BKP's, he has a few guys working with him.

Noted

I thought he is the only one who is winding them..
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2