Page 1 of 2
Quote by mr_hankey

Yay for Fender for making even more guitars which guitarists can't afford.

+1
I really dont like that one...
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by sashki
Yay for Lenny.

I dunno about you, but if I was famous and had a distinctive guitar, I would NOT want it to be cloned. It would be unique, and that's what makes it mine.

Stevie is dead. He doesn't have a say in anything (although Jimmy does).
Quote by mr_hankey
Yay for Fender for making even more guitars which guitarists can't afford.

+1

I liked it until i saw the "SRV" on the pickguard. It looks like one of those stickers you got out of those gumball-type machines as a kid. It completely ruined the guitar for me.
If it's a clone, it should be pretty darn close to the real thing, including the hollowness. Fender make good clones. Shame it's all they've been making recently.

Don't get me wrong, I like fenders, but they're too stuck in the past. Sure, they were the original innovators, but that was in the 60's! They have hardly changed since. How about a new neck heel? Quatersawn wood? Higher output pickups? More stable tremolos on cheaper models?
Anyone who has that kind of cash had better not buy that, because replicas of uniquely battered guitars are a disgrace, especially when you can get at least 5 or 6 guitars which are better than that for the same price.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by sashki
If it's a clone, it should be pretty darn close to the real thing, including the hollowness. Fender make good clones. Shame it's all they've been making recently.

Don't get me wrong, I like fenders, but they're too stuck in the past. Sure, they were the original innovators, but that was in the 60's! They have hardly changed since. How about a new neck heel? Quatersawn wood? Higher output pickups? More stable tremolos on cheaper models?

...They've done all of that (except the tremolo thing). They just make guitars which will sell. Guitarists are stuck in the past; which makes Fender stuck too.

Most of the attempts they've made at innovation have failed (just look at all the strat types from the 80's).
Isn't the tremolo the wrong way round for Stevie's guitar?
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by johnny_tapia
Isn't the tremolo the wrong way round for Stevie's guitar?

I think only Number One had the lefty tremolo.
Quote by mr_hankey
...They've done all of that (except the tremolo thing). They just make guitars which will sell. Guitarists are stuck in the past; which makes Fender stuck too.

Most of the attempts they've made at innovation have failed (just look at all the strat types from the 80's).

Contoured heels? On strats and teles? Where?
High output pickups? Yeah, they put EMG's on one of them. Fender make their own pickups, and their humbuckers aren't that great...

Don't even get me started on the single coils...They're nice clean, but I gotta turn the gain up to 8 on the heaviest channel to get a mild overdrive...WITH A ****ING SS AMP! THEY DISTORT STRAIGHT AWAY WITHOUT QUESTION!
Looks killer, too pricey though. I'm more excited about the Gilmour strat.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
how many SRV signature strats are there now?

i don't understand signature models at all... its pointless playing a guitar that was built to someone elses specs and has someone elses name (or initials) on it in big writing.

those guitars would just make you look like an idiot imo.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by sashki
There's a gilmour strat coming? Now THAT'S cool

I thought it was stalled? As for these guitars, its nice to know they are up to breaking away from the cookie cutter MIJ Strats. But common, they already did SRV's Number 1. And for all those people who say its another instrument guitarists can't afford, you have to remember they're trying to sell these as art/collectors pieces basically, with an appropriate price.
Quote by Blompcube
how many SRV signature strats are there now?

i don't understand signature models at all... its pointless playing a guitar that was built to someone elses specs and has someone elses name (or initials) on it in big writing.

those guitars would just make you look like an idiot imo.

It's for
1) Die hard fans
2) Fans with a lot of money
3) Collectors
4) It's a good investment, cos it will only grow in value over the years.
Quote by sashki

Don't even get me started on the single coils...They're nice clean, but I gotta turn the gain up to 8 on the heaviest channel to get a mild overdrive...WITH A ****ING SS AMP! THEY DISTORT STRAIGHT AWAY WITHOUT QUESTION!

As said in your sig, your a gain *****, a mild distortion/OD to one ear may be too much gain to another.

Personally I think this guitar is a waste of Fender's money, I agree that they should concentrate on making newer models/different versions without relying on a signiture/copy model.

Saying that, I bet this guitar will sound The Sex
Quote by Hakanku
As said in your sig, your a gain *****, a mild distortion/OD to one ear may be too much gain to another.

It was quite a mild distortion. I like some mild drive tones, too, but it sounded more like "Pride and Joy" when I was expecting "Get your hands off my woman"
Quote by sashki
There's a gilmour strat coming? Now THAT'S cool

Yep, the black strat. I read that there's also a Tribute strat coming out next year (probably the CAR strat, dunno).
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by sashki
High output pickups? Yeah, they put EMG's on one of them. Fender make their own pickups, and their humbuckers aren't that great...

The American deluxe series. And with the high output pickups; they've tried to cover that ground, but those guitars don't sell well. If you're looking for that, don't get a Fender. Besides, just like you don't seem to like the low-output single coils, I don't like high output pickups; and most Fender buyers seem to agree with me.
Quote by mr_hankey
The American deluxe series. And with the high output pickups; they've tried to cover that ground, but those guitars don't sell well. If you're looking for that, don't get a Fender. Besides, just like you don't seem to like the low-output single coils, I don't like high output pickups; and most Fender buyers seem to agree with me.

What if I want a guitar, pretty much EXACTLY like a fender, in terms of look, feel and construction, but with hot pickups?
I do like Fender pickups. Best clean sound I've ever heard (through a '65 twin imitation), but I want something with hot pickups, too.
Quote by sashki
It was quite a mild distortion. I like some mild drive tones, too, but it sounded more like "Pride and Joy" when I was expecting "Get your hands off my woman"

oh, okay, fair enough then. Its still all down to opinion in the end I guess, I love fender's single-coils and I think that they are one of the best *stock* single-coil PUPs you can get.(of course when you get to after-market PUPs its a different story)

EDIT: Also I agree on the gilmour strat, now THAT will be sweet.
Last edited by Hakanku at Oct 9, 2007,
Quote by sashki
What if I want a guitar, pretty much EXACTLY like a fender, in terms of look, feel and construction, but with hot pickups?

You'll probably have to look at something else than a Fender. But doesn't the Malmsteen strat fit that description?
Quote by mr_hankey
You'll probably have to look at something else than a Fender. But doesn't the Malmsteen strat fit that description?

1) Overpriced
2) Unwanted scalloped neck
3) I don't have 50 inches of pure swedish beef
4) Not as "thick" sounding as a humbucker tone.
If you want it hotter then IMO your gunna have to go for after-market PUPs
Quote by sashki
1) Overpriced

then get a god damn HH strat.

btw, it should NOT be thick as a humbucker tone. Malmsteen pickups are really low output.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
then get a god damn HH strat.

They weren't great. Hence why they're discontinued. Tried one, didn't exactly love it.

EDIT: why is this thread about recommending me guitars all of a sudden? Isn't this about Lenny?
Beautiful

if i would have LOTS of money i would buy that!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by sashki
1) Overpriced

Some people just can't be pleased.

But really, I don't see the problem. People buy Fender because they want classic Fender, maybe with a few minor changes. For more br00talz guitars, there are plenty of other brands to turn to (Jackson, for example, which is owned by Fender now anyway). I don't think those kinds of guitars would sell will under the Fender name, since people expect 'Fenders' from Fender. The Fender superstrat failed, for example.

EDIT:
Back on topic: I do like it that Fender makes these replicas, but they have been going overboard recently. They just make way too many. SRV already had one, anyway. Then there's also the price, which (understandably) should be high, but this goes beyond high.
Last edited by mr_hankey at Oct 9, 2007,
Its not Fender's fault that they're producing the same things over and over. Its the guitarists fault because they won't accept anything else.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Quote by sashki
They weren't great. Hence why they're discontinued. Tried one, didn't exactly love it.

go for warmoth/musikraft and build a strat with a 24.75" conversion neck and some humbuckers. if you don't like it, go get the right digits of $$$ and go to fender custom shop.
Quote by sashki
EDIT: why is this thread about recommending me guitars all of a sudden? Isn't this about Lenny?

i think u started it.
Quote by sashki

Quote by sashki

Quote by sashki

track your posts. you started it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by subliminaldelta
Its not Fender's fault that they're producing the same things over and over. Its the guitarists fault because they won't accept anything else.

+1

That's what I've been trying to say.
Sashki, you may be one of the few who isn't like that, but most guitarists are (I know I am).
^i know i dig really old spec strats too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Also sashki, do you no realise that not everyone wants modern uber gain tones? Quite a few people prefer (myself included) more vintage/older tones, which not surprisingly ibanez and other such high-gained orientated guitar manufacturers do not do justice to, and are FAR from fender when it comes to these tones.
^i dislike the guys who recommend ibanez + dimarzio for everything too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Hakanku
Also sashki, do you no realise that not everyone wants modern uber gain tones? Quite a few people prefer (myself included) more vintage/older tones, which not surprisingly ibanez and other such high-gained orientated guitar manufacturers do not do justice to, and are FAR from fender when it comes to these tones.

I'm the only person I know who likes Fender and uber gain.

Quote by ECistheBest

track your posts. you started it.

I voiced my opinion. You all joined in. I didn't say "HEY, YALL, **** LENNY, WUT IBANEZ SHUD I BUY LOLZ!".

Oh, and also:
No.1 > Lenny
Last edited by sashki at Oct 9, 2007,
Page 1 of 2